lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car not charging

Find a different golf cart shop, there are plenty of incompetent people out there...

The DPI charger is a fully automated charging system, they should know that unless they are trying to sell you something else.

The so called "brown spots" were sometimes visible in the old "white" OBC when the SCR overheated enough to discolor the case. It is also possible for the OBC to have a "brown spot" and still be working fine.

Since by-passing the negative charger receptacle wire to pack negative made it work, the OBC is definitely not allowing the charger current to go thru.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #22
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by acramer View Post
Today I stopped at a golf cart shop.. since I live in Florida there are quite a few to choose from.. They were telling me 2 things. One if I buy a DPI Charger it run continuous and wont shut off since im bypassing the OBC> I didnt believe that was so. Is there a shutoff with the DPI Charger?. If not why dont I just use a timer with the PowerDrive I have. The other thing they said normally if the OBC goes bad you would have brown burnt spots somewhere on the front of the tan OBC front... Is that true?
The brown spot maybe! but mine has worked great for three plus years with a brown spot
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #23
nsula_country
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Check to make sure the red wire from charge reciptial it connected to main pack pos. if you had green build up on the post the cables need to come completely off to clean the stuff off the cables and the post under where the cable connect. You very well may have a cable end that just looks connected but is loose. You should be able to pull on the cable hard enough to lift the battery and then some without the end pulling off.
I have had this happen before, about a year after I bought our cart.

Connect charger, clicks, hums comes on but current needle remains low. Charger runs complete cycle. Red light on dash. Low pack voltage. Next day connect charger, same thing...

Found RED 10ga charger wire looking good. Touched it and it broke off at the battery post. There was enough conductive material to energize the charger, but too much resistance to pass current. Crimped on a new ring terminal, all is good!
nsula_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #24
acramer
Not Yet Wild

I cut the wire back a few inches and put a new connector on it because that is where all the green junk build up that was many days ago.. I think that was my problem many times over the years but now it has to be in the OBC. So Im going to get a 15 amp DPI charger and have my old Power Drive charger for backup or sell it.. thanks for the info.
acramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #25
nsula_country
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I cut the wire back a few inches and put a new connector on it because that is where all the green junk build up that was many days ago.. I think that was my problem many times over the years but now it has to be in the OBC. So Im going to get a 15 amp DPI charger and have my old Power Drive charger for backup or sell it.. thanks for the info.
Glad you have narrowed it down. Good luck and let us know how the DPI charger works out.

CT
nsula_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:23 PM   #26
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Now im a little confused on which DPI charger to order... I thought it was the 15amp one but then I read on one site that the 17amp charger bypasses the OBC. What is the part number of the DPI charger i need to order? Dont want to order wrong one....
Old 02-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #27
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Now im a little confused on which DPI charger to order... I thought it was the 15amp one but then I read on one site that the 17amp charger bypasses the OBC. What is the part number of the DPI charger i need to order? Dont want to order wrong one....
If you are talking about the BTL 15a DPI, that one is a direct replacement for the CC PD charger and doesn't bypass the OBC. For OBC bypass, you need the 17a Accusense
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Deal with a site sponsor like ScottyB, they will definitely get you the correct charger and DC plug for your cart.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #29
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Deal with a site sponsor like ScottyB, they will definitely get you the correct charger and DC plug for your cart.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #30
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car not charging Sergio

taken care off....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car