lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car IQ solenoid always engaged

That does not look good.

With key switch OFF.

Measure from Pack positive to negative side of solenoid (small post with blue/white wire).

You should not get any voltage.

If you get +48v (pack voltage), the solenoid activation circuit is either not working or there is an issue with the existing harness and/or IQ adapter board.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #22
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

With key off I get pack voltage to both small terminals on the solenoid.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #23
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

The solenoid does engage when the key is turned on. I "assume" it's some kind of selftest. The results of which can be read on the led. When it's finished you hear a second click. If it fails you don't go.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
With key off I get pack voltage to both small terminals on the solenoid.
That means there is a constant path to negative from the blue/white wire, that should not exist with the key OFF since the controller is not powered up.

Are you sure that blue/white wire is going directly to the 16 pin controller connector on the harness and there is no splice somewhere?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #25
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That means there is a constant path to negative from the blue/white wire, that should not exist with the key OFF since the controller is not powered up.

Are you sure that blue/white wire is going directly to the 16 pin controller connector on the harness and there is no splice somewhere?
I looked again and there is no splice in the blue/white wire. It goes directly from the solenoid to the controller and is only about 12" long. I called and talked to Alltrax and they seem to think the controller is bad. They were supposed to send me a RA number but so far they haven't. Hopefully that's the problem and I can get this thing to work properly.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #26
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well I pulled the Alltrax out and sent it back. I decided that rather than being down for a week or more I would just stick my stock controller back on last night. I put the stock controller back on and all was great. I took the dog for a ride and played a little and everything worked perfectly. Today I decided I would put the cover back on the controller and now it will not move. No reverse buzzer and no solenoid activation. There is a 4 wire connector that I can unplug back near the controller, count to 10, and plug it back in and it will run as long as I keep my foot on the throttle. As soon as I take my foot off the gas and the solenoid drops out it is dead again. Unplug that connector and plug it back in and it will run again until I stop. This thing is driving me nuts! The dog isn't really happy with my decision to buy this cart either. Any advice? Also, I can roll the cart freely with no beeping when this happens.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #27
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Correction. It's the 6 wire plug that comes from the obc that I can unplug and get it to run.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since resetting the OBC makes it work, the OBC is locking out the system.

The OBC controls/disables the solenoid, reverse buzzer and walk away brake.

Have You charged the cart since You installed the new/old controller (and the batteries were disconnected)?
Old 03-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #29
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

I charged it right after I rode it last night but then I disconnected the battery leads again today and have not charged it since.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #30
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do I Need a new obc? Is there a way to get my cart to run without it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car