lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
BorisM
Getting Wild

Default Battery Mainteiner

BatteryMINDer Maintainer/Desulfater - 2 Amps for 48V Systems, Model# 48021 - $293.99

or
Save A Battery 2365-48 48-Volt Battery Charger and Maintainer - $89.95

Which one should I get? I am willing to spend extra $200 if that would get me a better product.

Thank you
BorisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Battery Mainteiner

I have the 48volt batteryMINDer and (6) 12volt models for various toys,cars, lawn tractor, travel trailer, I'm happy with them. they also carry a five-year no questions asked warranty people seem to be happy with both models there are multiple forums for both if you search this site
pat5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I recently put a save-a-battery unit on my CCDS. It will adequately keep the batteries at peak charge with no noticeable water loss. My batteries are working on their fifth year. I'm hoping they will get a little extension from the unit. We shall see.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #4
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have the SAV-A-BATTERY. Works great, keeps my 4 year old pack at a constant 53.5 volts. Not affected by power outages will start up again when power returns. I think worth every penny.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There is another option called Battery Tender. I don't have the 48V version but I have the 12V version for my cars that I leave unattended. Had it for 4 years and it works great keeping the battery topped off. I just got back to Colorado after a 7 month stay in Arizona and my BMW started like it had been run yesterday.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #6
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Save A Battery is what I have been using for 18 months. I am very satisfied. My batteries read a higher resting voltage now than they did when I started using it.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
BorisM
Getting Wild

Does anyone know if BatteryMINDer or Save A Battery is able to recharge golf cart batteries overnight?
Old 05-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

That would depend on the amount of discharge. If you only drove around the block, I would say yes. If you played 2 rounds of golf, my answer would be no. The key word is maintainer. It is not designed as a substitute for a charger. It is designed to maintain the charge during extended periods when the cart is not going to be used. I only use mine when I am not using the cart for a few days or a week.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #9
CaptainPete
Getting Wild

Whats the difference if you keep your charger plugged in 24/7?
CaptainPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:16 PM   #10
BorisM
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
That would depend on the amount of discharge. If you only drove around the block, I would say yes. If you played 2 rounds of golf, my answer would be no. The key word is maintainer. It is not designed as a substitute for a charger. It is designed to maintain the charge during extended periods when the cart is not going to be used. I only use mine when I am not using the cart for a few days or a week.
Is there a formula one can use to figure out how long it would take for one of those chargers/maintainers to charge a 48v golf cart?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO