lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #21
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help- "Main Drop Out" on curtis controller

cg, not following you. One side of solenoid is 50.8. The other side is very low when not stepping on pedal. When stepping on pedal, then I get 50.8 on both sides of solenoid, for a brief moment, then coil drops out.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You have the "4401" programmer right? If so, try to find a setting about solenoid monitoring (i cant remember the name of the setting). I think you may be able to adjust this problem away with the programmer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #23
cgtech

Yamaha

I mean, the voltage is coming up when the solenoid closes. It should be able to be adjusted out.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #24
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

The voltage across the fat solenoid terminals is full voltage. On the handheld monitor, the voltage stays at 47 and continues to show low voltage error as well as drop out error.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

When the solenoid briefly closes, the voltage also briefly increases right?
Old 06-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #26
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, somthat means the voltage is getting to and going thru the solenoid, correct?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:15 AM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

Yes, the programmer has many options to adjust, you may be able to "loosen the tolerances" on the solenoid, reaction time, expected voltage increase, ect.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:28 AM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Sergio, with key on, black lead on controller B- and red lead stuck into pin #4, along side the skinny red wire, I read 47 volts??/

So that is the same number the handheld is picking up? Is voltage being brought to that #4 terminal from the red wire, or is voltage leaving the controller and traveling somewhere on that red wire?
The voltage on pin #4 is an input voltage, it is not controlled by any setting in the controller.

Normally it is provided by the Tow/Run switch and among other things it keeps the capacitors inside the controller charged, but it is also the main power source for all of the electronics in the controller.

Do You have a wiring diagram for that cart?

If not, start by finding the tow/run switch and a 20amp or so fuse and trace the pack voltage to that controller pin to find out where the voltage drop is happening.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #29
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

As far as a wiring diagram, no. It is a 2010 star cart with 1268-5403 controller.

I will check the tow switch wiring to make sure I have pack voltage on each side.

I never heard that you can adjust any solenoid settings?? I did see in a star owners manual, there was a diagram of 3 different controllers, one being the 1268. But the drawing is about 1 inch by 1 inh, I can't see it even tried using a magnifying glass.

I will report back later today.

thanks
Old 06-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #30
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

One more thing can someone clarify? I know on some older carts, on the solenoid there is a large resistor across the large solenoid terminals.

On this Albright solenoid, there is no resistor on large solenoid terminals, only the small diode that is soldered on the small terminals from the factory.

Do I need a resistor across the large solenoid terminals?? I read that some controllers have them internally, so in that case you don't need one.

My situation here there is not a resistor on the large solenoid terminals. Do I need one?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO