lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #41
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help- "Main Drop Out" on curtis controller

David, no worries my friend!!! I appreciate your response, and value your opinion so much. When you said your experience points to the controller, that's what I was going to do.

Then Sergio started helping, so I was trying whatever he and cg suggested, up until things went idle, so I had to send it in to be rebuilt.

Im just hoping that fixes this cart.

Unbelievable that info and parts are not available. I was begging Jh Global to sell me a set of accelerator torsion springs, and they won't. I tries 3 so called dealers that advertise they sell star carts and parts. When I contacted them, they said "we don't sell parts", only new carts??

Anyway Thanks you guys, I do appreciate thw time and knowledge you threw my way on this issue. Once resolved, I will post.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #42
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Praise the Lord!! I can put this thread to bed. CG nailed it with his last suggestion!!!

I couldn't figure it out, then CG said try bypassing the 2 small wires on the back of the charger plug. I didn't know there were 2 small wires there.

I removed the battery, and saw the 2 wires were badly corroded. So i bypassed them, and it fixed it!!!

What a pain inn the *** this star cart was. Anyway, cart is finally running, after hours and hours of time and spending quite a bit of money, it turned out to be the 2 small wires.

Thanks everyone for your time and knowledge, and Thanks Cg for thinking outloud.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #43
Bull199
Not Yet Wild
Star

I have been searching for a solution to this problem for months in my Star cart. CG's last suggestion fixed mine as well! Thanks CG.
Bull199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:24 PM   #44
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Although this thread belongs in the "Star" section (i check in there every so often, but am not a fan), I have actually done another Star this way recently. The AC Star has a similar code with a different source of problem. Glad i could do something productive around here.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #45
Jaxinvt
Not Yet Wild
Star

Hi. Sorry for posting in such an old thread but I had a similar problem with a Star EV Sport HCX 4+2 utility cart where the voltage dropped. The solenoid would click on, then immediately kick off. It also would run after about 50 clicks or so but the intervals got longer and longer. Usually after a full charge.

Sergio mentioned something about the stack not being in order. While I was checking that, I found that corrosion had worked it's way between the battery terminals and the wires. This caused the voltmeter to read "phantom" power with no load but once the pedal was pushed, the voltage would drop under load.

I cleaned all the terminals and lugs with a good terminal cleaner and it started right up.

Hope this helps anyone else who should come across this problem.
Jaxinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:56 PM   #46
drock124
Not Yet Wild

I'm having this same problem with a 48v zone cart. 52v at the solenoid and 50V across it to B+. It bleeds off rather quickly. I looked at the thread but am unsure of what signal cables you're talking about? Is this on a Curtis 1268-5403 controller? I'm at whits end.
Thanks
drock124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:57 AM   #47
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

did you ever figure it out? same problem here on 2010 star cart tried all the above and still no go. main dropout and low voltage error on handheld
yukonjoe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:26 PM   #48
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

YukonJoe, have you read Post #38?
You do realize this thread is many year old, right?
Perhaps, you should start a new post in the Star forum. This is Ezgo.
Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO