lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #11
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Which motor to choose

either way I would think a high speed motor should run faster than a stock motor any day with same electronics
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
either way I would think a high speed motor should run faster than a stock motor any day with same electronics
That is the logical conclusion, but not necessarily true.

A series drive cart with tall tires may be faster with a standard or high-torque motor than it is with a high-speed motor. With a SepEx drives, field mapping comes into play as well as the relative number of turns of wire that physically exist in the field (stator) and armature windings.

Basically, the motor's torque curve should match the final drive ratio with a Series drive and in addition with a SepEx drive, the field mapping should match the motor.

I know for a fact, my cart has a higher top speed with some field maps than others.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #13
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Ill change the field map this afternoon and give yall an update, I talk to another shop owner that sells admiral motors and he said he wouldnt pay the shipping to get a plumbquick motor, He said they gave him one to try on his dads presedent and it is all stock and the cart went 6mph slower than the stock motor, I dont know if i believe it tho. Ive heard nothing but good about plumbquick
Old 06-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #14
chriskent85
Gone Wild

well that went the opposite way. Installed new field map and the cart will only run 25MPH now. Looks like I wasted money on this motor.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What field map # (or hex file name) did you install?
Old 06-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #16
chriskent85
Gone Wild

RHMOTB2 and the stock map field was 3. The RHMOTB2 file says its field map #45
Old 06-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That sounds like it ought to be the right map, but if I had other maps available, I'd be tempted to give them a try.

The thing to keep a close eye on is motor heat.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:32 AM   #18
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I still can wrap hy head around this. If its faster on 36V than a stock 36V motor then why wouldnt it be faster on a 48V system. I have an idea. I have another pds cart i can put this motor in which is 36v with a 400 amp altrax, ill see if it increases the speed of that cart
Old 06-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Based on the description given in the E-Bay offering you linked to in Post#1 of this thread, I thought an Admiral MOT-B2 was a high-speed motor, but after taking a closer look at the MOT-B2 data in the chart Post by Sir Nuke in Post#2 of this thread, I'm getting the impression it is a high-torque motor, which may be slower than stock motors.

If the 36V cart you are considering put the motor into, has 18" tall tires and 12.44:1 gears in the differential, it ought to be faster if it is a high-speed motor and ought to be slower, or possibly the same speed, if it is a high-torque motor.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #20
chriskent85
Gone Wild

well I just installed the PDS motor that I had sent off to plumquick to get rebuilt, the motor was getting 33mph before getting sent off. Only getting 26mph now. Only thing I have done is change the setting in my alltrax to the pds setting intead of the DCS map field. I will change it back and let yall know the outcome
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO