lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
Wiletkiot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face Looking for some ideas on top support framework??

I have a 1997 EZ Go elecrtric cart , I upgraded from 36 bolt to 48 volt with the help of Scotty b's f & R. what a difference. I am interested in changing out the support arms for the top. Want to beef up the supports and stop the squeaking and allow more room for wire to be run to the roof for hunting accessories.

When going into the lease the top likes to wiggle thus making the noise. any diagrams or pictures of your ezgo would be help full leaning towards 1" tubing and changing out the rear box to be a dumping box at the same time.

Any help or photos would be greatly apprieciated. Hunting season is a few months away.
Wiletkiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for some ideas on top support framework??

Not sure what you got to work with any pics?
When I had a service business I had a client with 20 Ezgo workhorses. All had roof racks for public soccer events. These racks got piled high with netting, traffic cones, balls, chairs and probably a kid or two I put 45º braces toward the rear flatbeds.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I cannot help you with beefing up the mounting brackets, but I eliminated most of the squeaks my top was making by adding high-density rubber foam weather stripping between the top and the mounting brackets. I got rid of the rest of the squeaks by tightening the nuts and bolts that fastened to roof mounting brackets to the cart.

IIRC, the weather stripping was 1" wide and 5/8" thick with adhesive on one surface.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Or break out the tubing bender and welder... And when we built this one I took measurements from the stock ezgo top so with just a little cutting it sits nicely on top and is held with Velcro. And added the front basket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (328.2 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:46 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Another with her newly painted black shoes, girly didn't like the pink, and the sister horse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (320.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Got rid of my squeaks via the site sponsor "Grizzly Metal Works" and their Outback roll cage.

And just a few days ago, I got in a new front brush guard and rear tube bumper for the cart. (The existing front guard has bent to close to the tires, thus impeding on the front travel. After 7 years....time to go!!) I need to paint the new one....and "glean" some help to install 'em.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #7
Wiletkiot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the photo,, looking like something I want to fabricate...thanks for your help.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
Wiletkiot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will try posting a photo later tonight,,, but so far like the ideas from the reponses. I like the dumpster, where did you find them, saw them on two of the photos.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Dumpster? If you are talking about my pics that is a long body workhorse with the bed. The tube "cage" was custom
Old 07-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If can weld aluminum, a couple gussets will take care of 90% of your issues. Save that, as mentioned, a cross brace running from top corner to about half way down the opposite side would stiffen things up pretty good too. That wouldn't take anything more than some more aluminum square stock, (Ace Hardware, Lowes. Menards, etc), a drill and a few bolts.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO