lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me EZgo Shuttle Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Hey BigMac.

I think I posted some updates in other threads if you want to give those a looksie. I went ahead and did the 48v conversion on my shuttle. I ended up not adding two additional batteries and went with (6) 8v ones instead. I wanted to keep the area under the rear seat to mount a cooler. I actually just completed this cooler mount this past weekend and it came out great. You lift up the rear seat and, voila, there are plenty of beverages for the taking.

I spent some coin on this project but the results were incredible. Cart now does about 15 mph which is actually very good for something that weighs 1600 pounds not including riders. I couldn't be happier with it.

These shuttles are head turners for sure. I have had a lot of people ask me about mine and have even received a few offers for it.

I suspect your initial problem was a bad battery or 2 dropping out under load as indicated by the meter. I have one of these 952 converted to 48v with Alltrax AXE48400 control and it does pretty good even on hills. They are fun carts for sure
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #22
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Chipper, I had no luck with my serial number. I even emailed it to EZGo and they had no record of it (you may want to try this too though). That said, JohnnieB posted me some service manuals from a couple of those years and I was able to study them and identify some subtle differences between years to determine my year (1991). Note that manuals typically cover several years and differences between each.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #23
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Lochlin, I did get a hit on the serial number using just 15160. It brought back a 95 Shuttle 950 series 36v. I'm just wondering what the other stamped numbers are on the plate. It's running fine. The guy I bought it from cleaned and checked the motor, rebuilt the controller and installed a new solenoid and batteries. I'm hoping to take it apart this winter and get the body patched up and painted. Maybe then I'll get the specs on everything and consider upgrading to 48v. If you can find a pic of a serial plate from another cart like this I might be able to determine the meaning of the other numbers. Thanks for checking and responding.
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #24
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am in need of tail light lenses 30530G1 and 30531G1 for my shuttle. EZGO has discontinued the 30531G1. Does anyone know where I might locate some of these? The online parts vendors show 'out of stock' or 'discontinued'.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just googled the last part # and found 2 places that list the lens with a picture of it.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #26
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I went through this with a discontinued accelerator switch that I needed for a 60s era Pargo restoration I did. A lot of online vendors showed as having it in stock and some even allowed me to order and pay for it. In each instance, however, I received a call or email saying that the part was not available after all and I received a refund. It took a lot of work but I ended up finding a non-cart substitute that worked out. This may be what needs to happen here.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Keep us posted, there are a fair number of these carts still in service.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #28
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I've learned to be wary of vendors that don't provide availability. I ordered the 30531G1 from one whose web site said "In Stock" only to have them email me that EZGO had discontinued and they would refund my money. I ordered the 35030G1 from a different vendor and haven't heard yea or nay on it yet. Shop Ezgo shows it 'on backorder' so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:32 AM   #29
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Still no luck on taillight lenses. The backup lens is discontinued and the other is still on backorder at shop ezgo although they did up their price a little. I'll probably wind up using a tail light kit for trailers and find a creative way make it fit in the hole. It's a shame because the tail lights themselves still work. I guess I could go with the red cellophane and duct tape. Still got a while before I strip the cart down though.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #30
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Still no luck on taillight lenses. The backup lens is discontinued and the other is still on backorder at shop ezgo although they did up their price a little. I'll probably wind up using a tail light kit for trailers and find a creative way make it fit in the hole. It's a shame because the tail lights themselves still work. I guess I could go with the red cellophane and duct tape. Still got a while before I strip the cart down though.
WaYYYYYYYy old thread but i read and re-read any thread i can find on these carts since i am constantly working on mine, and update info where i can for the next guy (sorry not sorry)

You probably have this tag info by now, but again for the next guy that see this:

"The numbers on the serial plate read left to right, top down:"

1290 (OPERATING WEIGHT, LBS) 586 (OPERATING WEIGHT, KG)
840 (WEIGHT WITH NO BATTERIES, LBS) 382 (WEIGHT WITH NO BATTERIES, KG)
2000 (RATED CAPACITY, LBS) 909 (RATED CAPACITY, KG)
PCX-952 (MODEL NUMBER) 36 (VOLTS)
450 (MAX BATTERY WEIGHT FOR THE TRAY, LBS) 205 (MAX BATTERY WEIGHT FOR THE TRAY, KG)
UL15160 (SERIAL NUMBER/VIN)
E0795 (MANUFACTURING CODE: YOURS IS A 1995)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tag1.jpg (137.0 KB, 0 views)
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO