lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
ridepate
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: CC goes out of garage fast but then dies

Or mount a DVM in the dash, not one of those bar-things....Those suck! The truth will shine!
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You don't have to have a hill. You just need a good load. Hook the cart to the car and try to start fast. If the car rolls too easy set the P brake a little bit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Bob, if you keep your foot on the pedal does it die completely and stop or does it slow to a crawl and maintain a low speed?

She slows right down to a crawl, to a stop- no low speed. Bob
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I wasted about a week this past summer trying to diagnose electrical issues with my old Harley cart. Turned out there were no electrical issues at all. I put six new batteries in it and she ran like a dream. I learned a valuable lesson, start with the batteries when diagnosing a sparky! I believe batteries may be the problem here. A good load test will tell. Bob, I kind of like Scotty's idea.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #15
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes Jake I want to agree with you, simply from the fact that this cart is slowly becoming a money pit.So----this pop or shotgun sounded likes(from) 100,' that i heard must have been...........well..... i don't know what. But the last speed sensor was my fault. It was installed out of kilter,. and . eventually after removal that, a copper wire was showing.That sensor was installed abit cocked sideways ....then wearing thru the insulation. Maybe this blew up or damaged the electrics in this thing. So $600.00 for batteries has to be thought thru.Thats a fairly lg sum to shell out and still have a problem. thanks jake i am trying that"underload" idea its all wired and set to try pigtails etc, think i will hook it to my 77 ford pickup and then watch the multi meter.This oughta let me know how weak or strong, the batteries really are. They have been in this CC about 2 years, bob s
Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have seen batteries die as young as 18 months. The owner didn't know to add water.
If the voltage drops more than a whole battery (6v or 8v) depending upon the pack, that indicates a problem. Then you can redo the test for each individual battery and see if maybe one battery has a significant problem. This kind of testing should be done on a 100% charged pack to give the best results.

Write down
1. what the total pack voltage is before the test.
2. voltage reading for all 6 batteries individually.(6 numbers)
3. then record lowest pack reading under load.
4. Pack voltage 10 minutes after test.
5. individual battery load test results or 6 individual readings after the single test.

These tests cost nothing to perform and will give us all valuable information as to the health of the battery pack.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #17
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have seen batteries die as young as 18 months. The owner didn't know to add water.
If the voltage drops more than a whole battery (6v or 8v) depending upon the pack, that indicates a problem. Then you can redo the test for each individual battery and see if maybe one battery has a significant problem. This kind of testing should be done on a 100% charged pack to give the best results.

Write down
1. what the total pack voltage is before the test.
2. voltage reading for all 6 batteries individually.(6 numbers)
3. then record lowest pack reading under load.
4. Pack voltage 10 minutes after test.
5. individual battery load test results or 6 individual readings after the single test.

These tests cost nothing to perform and will give us all valuable information as to the health of the battery pack.

Same instructions for 4-12 volt "Deep Cell" industrial batteries. scotty? and than you for the help bob s
Old 11-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, except you may have trouble with batteries #5 and 6
Old 11-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #19
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

really scotty quite funny ha ha------
Old 11-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #20
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Really scotty quite funny ha ha

This is a little more serious to me! Every thing has been going down the tube for 2 weeks now on our ranch.Moneys gettin thin Won't have enuff to buy that volt meter from you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car