lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Golf cart with 4 batteries of 12v

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfshares View Post
... I did not try to charge the low battery individually. I don't know how to do that. is that something easy? Do I have to disconnect the other 3 batteries and connect the charger to golf cart?
Just connect a standard 12 volt automotive battery charger to the battery in question... Neg to Neg and Pos to Pos.... You do not have to disconnect anything... This may help equalize the battery voltage or it may not, depends on how far gone... Not likely to help much!

Trojan batteries are top shelf as are Crowns, Crowns amp hour ratings tend to be a little less than Trojans but they are still VERY good batteries... Mine are two years old and still perform like new and have needed to water at all....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Do not replace one battery in an old pack. Replace ALL of them. Otherwise you are wasting your money. It is important that all of the batteries are of similar age since we charge and discharge them in series.
Read & heed this quote please.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #13
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

The conversion is not as complicated as it sounds. You have to cut some parts of the battery box, but it is not an extremely technical project. It's more about creating the space formthenbatteries to fit, which they will with the proper modification. It will save you money down the road if you do it.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:20 PM   #14
pfshares
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everybody.
I end up buying just one new trojan battery because I can't afford to buy 4 now. The car is running good and fast now. The other batteries are not too old. I hope it last for at least a year. My plan for next year is to convert to 8v batteries. Thats gonna be my next project.

Thank you all for help me.
pfshares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v battery, battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car