lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #11
Filthy-Beast
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 EZGO RXV Charging Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
My daughter normally charges it, but I asked her and she said she plugs the charger in, then plugs the charger into the cart. The breaker trips before it is ever plugged into the cart.
that should not happen since it really doesn't pull a lot of amps until it starts charging. Have you check these outlets to make sure they are wired correctly? good ground, neutral and ground aren't swapped?
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #12
johnalicia
Not Yet Wild

Had another thought by chance do you have charger pluged it to extension cord. If so, if there was a cut or one of the plug ends were bad that could cause the direct short tripping the breaker
johnalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #13
Cutter
Not Yet Wild

I haven't checked the outlets, but nothing has changed with them (I haven't replaced them or done anything to them) and the one the charger is plugged into is the same outlet I use to power my air compressor (not at the same time) and I have not had any issues. Also, after the first charger started doing this, the new one worked fine for a few weeks before starting to do the same thing. A couple of other things - my daughter just told me the battery meter on the cart has been acting strange too. She said it would show almost dead, but if you turn the key off and back on sometimes it would show full, or half full - not consistent anyway. Also, it's a GFCI receptacle - not sure if that matters or not.

It is plugged directly into the receptacle - no extension cords.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate the help trying to troubleshoot this thing. I just find it hard to believe that it could be two chargers doing the exact same thing, but who knows.....
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #14
johnalicia
Not Yet Wild

know they redesigned the circuit breaker but why i don,t know......one of the issues i have heard over and over is that once the CB tripped it weakened it and it would than just trip for no reason......is this true i don,t know but it seemed when people had this issue and than replaced the CB things were back to normal.

I found this hear on this site about a different charger. I would send you the link but I don't know how...lol If you want I could tell you how I found it so you could read the whole thread
Old 07-21-2016, 03:20 AM   #15
Cutter
Not Yet Wild

That would be great if you could tell me how you found it. And thanks again for the help.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #16
johnalicia
Not Yet Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ker-trips.html

Different charger but same problem and sorry im not being much help but im trying to
Old 07-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #17
johnalicia
Not Yet Wild

click on it and should take you to thread
Old 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #18
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Take charger to Cart shop ... Most will test charger for free.

They will just plug it in and plug it into a cart. Good place to start.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:09 AM   #19
Cutter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the help and advice, it is very much appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO