lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #11
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV intermittent run / no run

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I have never heard of E-Z-GO disabling the reverse buzzer on ANY cart. It would open them up to a liability suit. When I was employed by E-Z-GO we were specifically told that disabling the reverse buzzer was grounds for instant termination This was said by the head of the legal division for E-Z-GO).

I also know that during the latest refresher course I took for the RXV, we were told that trying to circumvent the reverse buzzer would disable the cart.
I will agree on the liability suit if the buzzer was disabled and returned to the owner.I would assume they have a way to silence the buzzer but not disable it,maybe cover it with tape.
I have also heard that disabling the buzzer,unplugging it,would disable the cart. My cart has a cotton ball in the buzzer speaker hole and tape over that.I'm deaf in that range and can't hear it anyway but everybody else could so it's fixed.

Seems EZGO did a lot of research on this cart and tried to make it fool proof.
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #12
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahaman View Post
I will agree on the liability suit if the buzzer was disabled and returned to the owner.I would assume they have a way to silence the buzzer but not disable it,maybe cover it with tape.
I have also heard that disabling the buzzer,unplugging it,would disable the cart. My cart has a cotton ball in the buzzer speaker hole and tape over that.I'm deaf in that range and can't hear it anyway but everybody else could so it's fixed.

Seems EZGO did a lot of research on this cart and tried to make it fool proof.
I'm in Costa Rica so no chance of a law suit. But now im wondering how they made the controller not pull low on J2 cuz the buzzer is fine it's the controller.
Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:29 PM   #13
Expat
Not Yet Wild

I called them and they "disabled" it by putting silicone over the speaker part. They just made it quieter.

So the question is the controller bad if its not working on J2? would it pass self check out and then fail after pedal use.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #14
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
I called them and they "disabled" it by putting silicone over the speaker part. They just made it quieter.

So the question is the controller bad if its not working on J2? would it pass self check out and then fail after pedal use.
IDK,I think you should call them back and ask them but I know if it doesn't "see" the buzzer it won't go as it's a safety feature.
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #15
mjroman20
Gone Wild

I think the Curtis control checks the resistance on that line to make sure the buzzer isn't removed. It can in a sense be disabled however, the handset lets you adjust the PWM..so lowering to a point where the voltage is too low to drive it will "disable" it.

Unfortunately this thing doesn't have a diagnostic LED, so you pretty much need a handset to read faults. Id start there if you have one or borrow one if you can though the 1206ACs have some rather bizarre and esoteric fault descriptions.

Here is the fault details for the rev buzzer:

BUZZER DRIVER OFF

Reverse Buzzer
does not turn on

Limp Home +
FwdOnly

Condition clears

1. Buzzer current < 3 mA when driver
commanded ON
2. Incomplete buzzer circuit
3. Verify continuity of reverse buzzer and
replace if open
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #16
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahaman View Post
IDK,I think you should call them back and ask them but I know if it doesn't "see" the buzzer it won't go as it's a safety feature.
To recap. The buzzer is connected and is not faulty.

Pin 2 on the Curtis controller is not providing a ground during the startup self check nor when placed in REV.

I guess i need a curtis controller expert...
Old 08-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #17
Expat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
I think the Curtis control checks the resistance on that line to make sure the buzzer isn't removed. It can in a sense be disabled however, the handset lets you adjust the PWM..so lowering to a point where the voltage is too low to drive it will "disable" it.

Unfortunately this thing doesn't have a diagnostic LED, so you pretty much need a handset to read faults. Id start there if you have one or borrow one if you can though the 1206ACs have some rather bizarre and esoteric fault descriptions.

Here is the fault details for the rev buzzer:

BUZZER DRIVER OFF

Reverse Buzzer
does not turn on

Limp Home +
FwdOnly

Condition clears

1. Buzzer current < 3 mA when driver
commanded ON
2. Incomplete buzzer circuit
3. Verify continuity of reverse buzzer and
replace if open

Yes! thank you!
Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #18
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat View Post
To recap. The buzzer is connected and is not faulty.

Pin 2 on the Curtis controller is not providing a ground during the startup self check nor when placed in REV.

I guess i need a curtis controller expert...
FSIP repairs those
http://www.fsip.biz/
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO