lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Accels quicky, then stops

What exactly do you mean by "comes to a dead stop"?

Does the cart use regen brake to stop and does it beep the entire time?

Does the pre-charge resistor show signs of being burnt?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #12
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
What exactly do you mean by "comes to a dead stop"?

Does the cart use regen brake to stop and does it beep the entire time?

Does the pre-charge resistor show signs of being burnt?
Let me clarify, when the gas is floored, it will be like I take my foot of the gas, but I don't. If I let of the gas and press it again, it takes off again. It doesn't do it all the time. The take off is always quick but then it slows down to what I equate to a slow jogger to keep up with it.

Yes, I believe the regen is kicking in when it beeps. I just pushed it a few feet in my garage. I can push further if necessary. I notice when going down hills it doesn't feel like the regen is kicking in.

I do not know what or where the pre-charge resistor is. I'll need to look that up and check it.
sqzdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You have all the symptoms of a bad speed sensor except for the fact that it's passing the test. Try another test. Get the car up to speed and flip it into neutral while it's still rolling at a pretty decent rate of speed. If the sensor is working, it will slow the cart down immediately when you change it to neutral. If it's not working, it will coast to a stop.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try this. Your MCOR might be opening up at full throttle. Connect a ohmmeter between the white and yellow leads on the MCOR. Normal it should go from 6K to about 200 ohms as the throttle is pressed. See if you get OL or a large reading at WOT. If you do replace the MCOR. While your in there check the micro sw for continuity at full throttle.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #15
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

JJance & Tahoe-

Thank you for the advice. I will return home on Sunday and will try to do those two tests and report back.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #16
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You have all the symptoms of a bad speed sensor except for the fact that it's passing the test. Try another test. Get the car up to speed and flip it into neutral while it's still rolling at a pretty decent rate of speed. If the sensor is working, it will slow the cart down immediately when you change it to neutral. If it's not working, it will coast to a stop.
Tried this. The cart slowed down much quicker than if I were to let off the gas.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Try this. Your MCOR might be opening up at full throttle. Connect a ohmmeter between the white and yellow leads on the MCOR. Normal it should go from 6K to about 200 ohms as the throttle is pressed. See if you get OL or a large reading at WOT. If you do replace the MCOR. While your in there check the micro sw for continuity at full throttle.
Will try this test this week, as I have to remove the mat and plastic panel for access.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzdog View Post
Tried this. The cart slowed down much quicker than if I were to let off the gas.
Ok. The sensor is good.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzdog View Post
Will try this test this week, as I have to remove the mat and plastic panel for access.
Post your results from this test.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #20
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I have the cover off and ready to test the MCOR. Do I unplug the connectors to test the white and yellow leads, or skin the wires to test? What is "OL" or "WOT" stand for?

Where do I find the micro sw?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car