lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
bassclef78
Not Yet Wild

Default G9E lunges when you press the accelerator

I just go this cart going again, but when I press the accelerator, even barely, it takes off full speed. It's almost like the accelerator is working as an on/off switch instead of gradual. What can I check?
bassclef78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G9E lunges when you press the accelerator

Unplug the throttle range sensor. It is the 3-wire plug from the gas pedal. If it still goes full speed, controller is shot.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
bassclef78
Not Yet Wild

Unplugged the throttle range sensor with the same results. Full speed when the pedal is engaged. Is there anything inside the controller I can test out?
Old 05-29-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

There is tons of stuff in there you could test out. But there are no pubicly available schematics, and no "inside the controller test procedures" for the logic circuits, so interpreting the results is totally up to you. Do you think you know enough about what's going on in there to figure it out? I'm suggesting a new controller.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
bassclef78
Not Yet Wild

I'll make sure the wires are making good connections then just replace the controller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #6
bassclef78
Not Yet Wild

I'm getting back to my cart project. Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like the buzzer has been removed. There are three pink wires around the controller that are not connected. Would this cause any issues?

Also, I'm planning to remove the controller and do a basic check on the wire to be sure everything is connecting.

What replacement controllers are recommended?
Old 06-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Shouldn't cause a problem like you are having. A great controller for your cart would be a Alltrax SR48400 or SR48500 if you plan on offroading & big tires. Either way, you should upgrade to 4g cables & a better solenoid. Scottyb has this stuff at great prices, www.cartsunlimited.net. If you want to avoid the upgraded cables & solenoid, you could use a SR48300 to be a "stock replacement".
Old 07-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
bassclef78
Not Yet Wild

I'm back to working on the cart. I have a rebuilt controller and all I get is solenoid click. I have the wiring diagram but would like to verify a couple of things.

1. Black wire from controller to battery negative (was labeled with tape)
2. Black wire from controller to A2 on motor (was labeled with tape)
3. Battery positive to one side of solenoid
4. Red wire from controller to other side of solenoid
5. FNR post S to same post on solenoid as red wire from controller.
6. Charger port cables, red to battery positive and black to battery negative

Other connections are plugs so they match up
The buzzer is missing too if that makes any difference.
One black wire on the controller is a good bit longer, on the old controller, I assumed this went to the motor because of the distance. This is the one that has been labeled battery negative. The shorter black cable is labeled A2.

Last edited by bassclef78; 07-22-2017 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 07-26-2017, 06:18 PM   #9
fatheroz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm having the same problem with a 36v G8E. Cart was given to me with the recommendation that I replace the Solenoid. I did so and added a 3 amp diode that was not on the solenoid we removed. It works. But as you've stated, just touching the pedal, it clicks and bam! off you go, both F and R. Just wondered if you found any solution. The controller for mine is like $450, so I want to try other things first.
fatheroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha