lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #11
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 TXT Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking1998 View Post
I guess I am all in now....

Admiral Mot-B2. Along with my XCT500 controller, heavy duty solenoid, 2 gauge cables, new wheels, and metallic blue paint job, this will be practically a new cart.
So glad I'm not the only one who buys a cart without really knowing what I bought. I just did a 36v DCS to 48 V PDS conversion using the B2 motor and XCT500 etc and tires are 18.5" tall and Painted matalic blue. I do believe it is better than new. Its a pavement queen 27MPH top speed. When just cruising around in a hilly community I can hear the motor working a little harder going up hill but hardly slows down. I'm sure you will be happy with the package from Scotty. Have fun with the build.

One suggestion if it did not come with lights and you want lights install the light wire harness before you put the body back on.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #12
rking1998
Getting Wild

I have installed the new controller and moved the run/tow switch to the bracket for the solenoid. The problem that I now have is that I don't know which way is run and which way is tow. In fact, it was not marked on my controller cover to begin with.

How do I figure it out?

Thanks
Rick
rking1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #13
rking1998
Getting Wild

Let me re-ask my question in a little more clear way:

There are four wires going to the run/tow switch. Is run in the direction of the red & red/white wires or towards the red/yellow & orange wires?

Now a new question: Will the motor run without the charging port connected? I am asking because there is a wire called "ignition interlock" which I believe is the small wire coming from the charging port that I am not sure what it does.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #14
mikec557
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking1998 View Post
I have installed the new controller and moved the run/tow switch to the bracket for the solenoid. The problem that I now have is that I don't know which way is run and which way is tow. In fact, it was not marked on my controller cover to begin with.

How do I figure it out?

Thanks
Rick
I'll bet you were really tired when you got to that stage....

I don't have a lot of experience with our cart yet, but I think you can put the key in the cart, turn it on, and try to drive it. If it goes, then the switch is in the run position. If it doesn't, then the switch is in the tow position.

Mike
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:25 AM   #15
rking1998
Getting Wild

So, to catch up, I did a little body work for the first time in my life. I repaired a crack in the front of the cart with a little fiberglass and bondo. For a first try, I think I did OK.

IMG_0063.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg

The fiberglass seems to be holding strong and was not too hard to figure out. I definitely like it better than the backing plates and bolts.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #16
rking1998
Getting Wild

At this point, the prettiest thing on my cart was my new XCT500 controller. The biggest problem that I had installing it was the huge posts on the solenoid that comes with it. I already had 2ga cables, but the ring connector was not quite big enough to fit over the posts. I drilled out the ring connectors a little and all is well.

IMG_0442.jpg

Of course that picture was in-progress, but I actually did complete the wiring. I was really disappointed when I was finished and it did not run. It took me a little research to figure out that if you don't have the charger port installed, it won't run. I had purchased a new port because on my old one the posts were rusty and somewhat corroded. Once I put that in, I had power.

Next I installed my SoC meter on the dash. After this picture was taken, I have put in a switch right under it so that I can look at remaining voltage whenever I want and it it not making my garage glow green all the time.

IMG_0447.jpg
Old 07-15-2017, 07:45 AM   #17
rking1998
Getting Wild

Next, I had to completely rebuild my front seat. Whoever had the cart before me tried, but failed. First, the armrests were not fitting into the two notches correctly, to his solution was to use a saw on the plastic armrests. But it still rubbed. Next, he cut the base board too narrow on one end. Then he use 3" Tap-on screws to hold the arm rests and those two attachment plates on.

I cut a new board that fits the space. Actually notched the ends so that the arm rests fit correctly. Used T-nuts and bolts to attach the pieces. When done, I am going to cover it with grey vinyl. Down the road, I want to buy come nice two tone covers, but my budget won't allow it now.

IMG_0464.jpg
Old 07-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #18
rking1998
Getting Wild

The two biggest things that changed the looks of the cart are wheels and paint. My wheels came in and I am a happy camper.

These are 10" bulldog rims with 20" off-road tires.

IMG_0460.jpgIMG_0463.jpg

I did not want to get into doing a lift right away, so I did not go any bigger. But, I think that a 3" lift is on my future to-do list.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #19
rking1998
Getting Wild

I got the body back from the paint shop and I am very happy with the color. I have installed the front and back pieces, but I still have a lot of trim to put on.

IMG_0479.jpg

My plan is to completely put it back together, then address the brake that is scrubbing. In the meantime, I am ordering a new charger to replace my burned up one (another thread).

But, for now, I could not be happier with the choices that I have made for this cart.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #20
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

you are doing a great job....cart looks great. I am sure your seat will be very comfy!! but if you get caught out in the rain....it may stay wet for a while. I had a sheep skin seat cover on my Harley....so I know. lol

One thing I noticed.....and I was concerned as well....(I'm building a 1999 DCS as I type) and I have the same controller.....on scottyb site he has a picture of one mounted....and he has mounted the controller with the fan pointing UP not down like you have it mounted. which doesn't seen natural as the way you have it mounted all the connections seem to work easier to connect everything. hopefully it won't make any real difference as I would like to mount mine as you did.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO