lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
Hedger
Gone Wild

Default club car light kit

very new to club cars. Just bought one with serial # pq0836-955144.from what I understand that means its newer than a 2008.5. most of what i see is up to 2008.5. where can I find the right light kit? also, is there already a voltage reducer? used to hooking up lights on an ezgo txt and club cars seem totally different. any help would be appreciated.
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car light kit

ANy Precedent light kit will work on it.
The Precedent body hasn't changed much in 13 years.

As far as a reducer goes, look under the cowl above the passenger side tire inside. If the cart has an OEM reducer , that is where it will be. If someone installed a reducer, you just really need to go in search of it. Could be anywhere.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Any Precedent light kit will definitely work. If it's indeed a 2008.5 (also known as an i2), the controller mounting panel will be located behind the battery pack vs between them like the gen 1 cars. The gen 1 Precedents were pre-wired for lights, while the i2 was not. If it's an i2, you'll need to purchase a "bucket harness" to make your lights work. The bucket harness is included in a lot of light kits, you'll just need to make sure it's included when you buy.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
Hedger
Gone Wild

Thanks a lot. When I watch YouTube videos on how to install, they just put em in and plug em up. Wasn't sure how they got to battery.
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And that dawg guy above is a sponsor here and sells light kits. Click on his signature for the link to his page.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car