lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 93 DS alltrax controller

I upgraded my v glide to a new alltrax 500 amp controller, HD f&r switch and HD solenoid. I also changed all my battery and motor cables to 2 gauge. The install went pretty smooth thanks to Scottyb instruction sheet. I was expecting a little more boost in speed with my stock motor..I was at 11 or 12 mph before. Now I am at 12 or 13mph. I checked the controller software and it seems that the speed is turned all the way up...is there something I am missing to get more speed out of this guy?
noodlenugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 DS alltrax controller help

48 volts.
Amps = torque
Volts = speed
48v operation will net about 33% more speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got it. Thanks Scottyb
Old 07-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Happy to help.
More upgrade suggestions and results here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #5
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlenugs View Post
I upgraded my v glide to a new alltrax 500 amp controller, HD f&r switch and HD solenoid. I also changed all my battery and motor cables to 2 gauge. The install went pretty smooth thanks to Scottyb instruction sheet. I was expecting a little more boost in speed with my stock motor..I was at 11 or 12 mph before. Now I am at 12 or 13mph. I checked the controller software and it seems that the speed is turned all the way up...is there something I am missing to get more speed out of this guy?
I did pretty much the same thing, then added taller wheels and 2 more batteries and we went from 11 to 21 mph.... and when I aligned the front end i got to 22 lol, so don't overlook that...

18.5" stock to 20" tall tires and 2 more batteries to get take it from 36-48 volts...

Scottyb what would a new motor gain me in top speed ?
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I did align the front end a few months ago and that certainly helped. I added to more 6 volt batteries so I am at 48 volts. Had to turn down the torque a little because the wife peeled out in the grass pretty good...lol. it was hilarious. She also complained that the reverse was too sensitive. It jolts ya pretty good. So I have plenty of low end torque. My top speed right now is 17. That is a lot better. But I still may go to the bigger tires..the future holds a motor upgrade I think though...now I am trying to decide which motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car