lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
NJGolfCart
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 G22 No FWD No REV - Flipping Tow/Run fixes issue

Hi all, My first post here.

I searched google and this forum but didn't find anything that matched my issue. Hopefully someone out there in the inter webs has a thought on my issue.

Picked up an old G22, ran great for a few weeks. Then, all of a sudden just stopped moving. Pressing the throttle yielded nothing, press the reverse switch, buzzer would sound, but no movement when pressing throttle.

I had read about solenoid issues, but not being overly familiar with golf carts I was not sure if that was the issue.

Just out of dumb luck, I flipped the "TOW/RUN" switch, came back a few minutes later, flipped it back and herd a quick hum/buzz noise and the cart ran again. Since then it has happened 2 other times, each time the same, plenty of power, lights work, reverse buzzer works, flipping the switch restores the throttle and I go about on my merry way.

Once or twice, flipping the device into reverse failed to switch the cart into reverse, but i think thats a separate issue.

I would like to get to the bottom of this. I would love some guidance as to where to begin to diagnose the issue. Has anyone every heard of this happening? I would also mention that I do hear a "electronic hum" type sound from time to when I start moving and stop moving. Not sure that is related either, but maybe has something to do with the issue.

Thank you in advance,
Rob
NJGolfCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 G22 No FWD No REV - Flipping Tow/Run fixes issue

First, we need to eliminate batteries as the source of problems. Battery problems are the number one cause of the whole system shutting down & requiring a reset, what you are experiencing. Put your voltmeter leads in the charge port , & punch the gas while a passenger watches the meter to see how low it drops at it's lowest point during acceleration. I am guessing it will shut down. You need to be charging after every use, not "waiting days until they have been depleted" before charging. If you are guilty of the last sentence, try it again for a while, all while charging after every use to rule out that as a source of problems. Report back with results.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
NJGolfCart
Not Yet Wild

Is there any specific reading we should look for?

This is issue us is so bizarre. We ran it pretty hard this last weekend without it shutting down on us. 4 adults 2 front 2 back without any issues. Used it over 2 or 3 days without charging.

Thank you for your continued assistance. I will report back the readings form my multimeter.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I don't have an exact number. It's gonna be in the 30s. You would know if the cart shut down, you found it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
NJGolfCart
Not Yet Wild

Ok using a voltmeter key on 50v mashing the throttle down to 44 and then to 48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha