lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Not charging after battery and cable change

I finished changing cables and batteries yesterday. Put the cart on the charger and when I got up this morning, 12 on the charger, the charger was still humming, but had both abnormal and incomplete lights on. Pack voltage was the same as when I put it on the charger, 50.3. I unplugged the charger and plugged in again. LED lights go through test , then the incomplete light comes on
and the charger hums for about 10 seconds, then the abnormal light come on and the charger shuts down with no lights.

I checked all my cables and they look correct. I did change how the cables were run from the previous owner. I followed the decal on the cart. I don't think it was much different other then the middle batteries were in opposite order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1680.jpg (160.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1716.jpg (174.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1714.jpg (124.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1715.jpg (135.4 KB, 0 views)
weaselorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Not charging after battery and cable change

You DC fuse ( on the charger) looks bad. Do a continuity check on all the posts of the fuse, that could be your problem.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The viewing cover is broken/missing but I will check it.

The charger has been off the cart for an hour while I was writing the first post. Went out and took the plug adapter apart to see if it needed cleaning. I had already seen that the plug adapter was somewhat damages and needs replacing. I cleaned it and plugged back in. After self test, the charger shows both charger on and incomplete charge. My SOC meter shows 52.5 volts. So I hope that is a good sign.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Its now showing 60.5 volts. Ordering a replacement plug. Anyone have any experience with DPI branded plugs?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha