lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
ta69man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Year range for replacement axle??

I have a 2006 Precedent that it looks like the motor is bad on. I've been trying to separate the motor from the axle for a while with no luck. I've tried every method I could find on this forum, even the TahoeDawg drop the axle from three feet on its side method... the motor didn't budge.

Anyway, the question is: What year range did CC use that type of axle so I know what to look for for replacement. Also, any ideas on what a used axle/motor combo in good shape should cost?

My current axle looks to have the ADC motor on it. It sounds like this one is the preferred one??

Thanks!
ta69man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Year range for replacement axle??

Get you some of this and soak it down around the motor flange. Although the shaft may be semi-seized, the flange and mounting area is usually where you get the oxidation that seizes it tight. Soak it down a few times over a few days and then take a good solid piece of brass and firmly hit it all the way around the meaty area and then spray it one more time and then come out the next day and it "should" come apart....

NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
ta69man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

NoleFan - The motor case spins freely around the armature. Funny part is that I cant get the case to come off either. I expected that with all bolts removed that the case and field winding would slip off of the shaft and allow me to start soaking down the armature into the gear connection but nothing will budge. The motor case is loose and free for sure so the back bearing I guess is the only thing holding it on. I got this cart used and broken and it looks like it was in a flood. I did get the little aluminum inspection cover off the back/side of the motor and grey/black ash came out some something happened in there... Even though it still tests "good" and runs when a power supply is connected to it.

So, Any ideas on year range of axle usage and approximate cost to expect?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Call David Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71) - Revolution Golf Cars (He's a site sponsor)
Phone: 706-836-7210 Email: info@revolutiongolfcars.com

He is near you and will probably have an assembly or can put you in the direction of one. I am not sure if he is back yet, but if you call him you can leave him a VM and he will return your call.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Call David Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71) - Revolution Golf Cars (He's a site sponsor)
Phone: 706-836-7210 Email: info@revolutiongolfcars.com

He is near you and will probably have an assembly or can put you in the direction of one. I am not sure if he is back yet, but if you call him you can leave him a VM and he will return your call.
fyi dave is stuck on a cruse ship dodging hurricane irma
motors are around $450

you did get all 4 bolts out ?

yes bearings are pressed in to armature shaft
the coupling and 4 blots are all that hold the motor in
i have never had one last 3x with the dawg drop
Old 09-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #6
ta69man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Crash test - Yes, I have all 4 out. The case spins freely. Yeah, I was shocked as well (and exhausted... that assembly is heavy) but the motor didn't move. Without the bolts in I get a 1mm gap from the axle casting to the motor case and it will swing around in the 1mm gap... but no movement. This guy is in there. I was also trying to figure out some kind of "puller" but I can't think of a good place to support it on the motor or axle housing side.

You guys be safe with the hurricane coming... looks like all of us are getting some of it!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
crash test dummy

try a wooden wedge ?

also a rubber mallet rocking it back and forth ?
Old 09-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Did you take the two screws out of the end of the motor that hold the bearing.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
ta69man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Crash - I've beat that poor motor to death with a rubber mallet. I then upgraded to a 5 pound sledge trying in certain directions...

Mr golf - no, I did not remove the bolts from the end bell. I didn't see the use... Do you think it might help? I figured the end bell would still just be stuck on the pressed in bearing.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #10
crash test dummy

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car