lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #1
hhoutlaws
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default battery upgrade

i have a 02 txt got the alltrac 400amp and 400 controller from Scotty b. all 2 gauge wires. currently have 6 6v battery and seem to be on there way out. only getting 6.34v after full charge and then I even charger each battery separate only reading 6.37v after that. are they dead. anyways I want to upgrade to 48v but do I buy 6 8v or or 8 6v

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
hhoutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: battery upgrade

How old are the batteries? If that is the reading 12 hrs after charging they are 90%-95% charged. How is your range with them? If your happy with the run time I would say no need to spend the $$$ yet, but if you want to go 48v then I would go with 6-8v but your existing battery cables may not work as the terminals on 8v batteries are configured differently than your 6v.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery upgrade

I prefer 6/8v.
8/6v will give a longer run time but the added weight diminishes some of the gain.
48v will naturally give longer run time than 36 anyway. And lighter battery load improves the ever critical power to weight ratio

Assuming you are asking about a series cart and the solenoid is rated for 48v then you will need to upgrade the pre-charge resistor to 470Ω and get a 48v charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO