lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
James Miller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Caroche rebuild

I just bought a Club Car Caroche. It has year old batteries and all battery cables have been removed, but wiring is still connected to components, but not to batteries. I have new cables and a wiring diagram. Would it pay me to remove the body to make sure the wires are connected correctly? Also, I can't seem to find the charger connector location. I will also be replacing the brake shoes. I'm planning on repainting the body after I fix a few cracks. I appreciate any help I can get. I hope I'm not in over my head on this. I recently retired and was hoping to have something to take to Bluegrass and Blues festivals to haul this old, fat guy and his beer cooler back and forth from the music to my camper. They charge $75 a day to rent a golf cart and it wouldn't take long to break me. Thanks in advance!
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Caroche rebuild

Read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-runabout.html and talk to Aflyer too.

Here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-caroche.html
and http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...-movement.html from jakesnake27
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:04 AM   #3
Motohustle
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Im doing one myself right now. Cant wait to see some pics. Im struggling with wiring as well. I didn't know mine was a 79 caroche
Until after I bought it and got it home and realized it's just a DS body on there and fit on there perfect. There's a few other carts that were like mine with the same setup. Makes me wonder if Club Car did some type of early demo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Motohustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Hard part of getting it running is if there's just one bad solenoid in that pack of 5 (or one micro switch bad in that collection behind the dash (it's got the three pedals right?) it won't run at all. It's like finding that one bad bulb in a set of xmas lights.

Hydraulic brakes on these are bad about rusting/not being maintained or even bypassed (which happens the most around here, redneck repairs!)
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
James Miller
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yep, 3 pedals and from what I've read, the brakes are expensive to buy replacement parts. Something I read last night in one of the links on this thread, that some car master cylinders will work. I'm looking in to changing them out, but not sure what I'll use. This should be a learning experience. I found a used DS last night that is in good shape, but needs batteries and a charger for $325. I'll use the batteries and charger that came with the Caroche. That way I can take my time and buy a little at a time and rebuild the Caroche.
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Good idea....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car