lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
outdoorsed
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Can a larger controller make your cart actually go slower?

So here is yet one more question. Is it possible that a larger amp controller can cause your car to go slower than the factory controller? Because it seems like ever since I installed the five hundred amp my cart go slower than it did with the 350.
outdoorsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can a larger controller make your cart actually go slower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsed View Post
So here is yet one more question. Is it possible that a larger amp controller can cause your car to go slower than the factory controller? Because it seems like ever since I installed the five hundred amp my cart go slower than it did with the 350.
It's all up to how the controller is programmed to perform when it relates to modern controllers.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can a larger controller make your cart actually go slower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsed View Post
So here is yet one more question.

Is it possible that a larger amp controller can cause your car to go slower than the factory controller?

Because it seems like ever since I installed the five hundred amp my cart go slower than it did with the 350.
Yes it is possible since top speed is determined by battery pack voltage at the time and the more amps drawn from the battery pack while accelerating to top speed the lower the back voltage will be when tops speed is reached.

The pack voltage drop almost instantly when amps are drawn, but takes several minutes to recover. Try accelerating very slowly from a standstill to minimize voltage drop to get a higher top speed.

---------
As BobBoyce mentioned, could be how 500A controller is programmed.

What make/model 500A controller?

With any type controller compare voltage between the controller's M- and B+ terminals to the battery pack voltage when at top speed with pedal on floor. If they are the same voltage, the controller is wide open.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO