lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2018, 12:07 AM   #11
Goliath
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Safety First!!

Too bad they couldn't just change the controller dynamics.

After I reprogrammed the controller to a sane setting, it's fast, but still very safe. Not sure why they couldn't do that, unless the rigs are top heavy in turns.
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2018, 12:18 AM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Look at it as a learning experience as to why the body and frame of a narrow track, short wheelbase, top heavy vehicle shouldn't be lifted off the axles.
I did not know it was a lifted cart. That is why I asked about the "hill."

I am not a fan of lifted carts either. I'm sure they have their use in certain circumstances, and they are quite popular.

I worked on a lady's lifted cart while I was on vacation last week. Drove it quite a bit searching for the source of a "squeak." Ride is awful, steering is difficult, tons of "roll' when cornering. IMHO puts lots of stress on everything.

Just my 2 cents.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #13
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have any of you used wheel spacers? Advantages/disadvantages? I was considering adding 1 1/2" spacers but would like to hear from anyone using them.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #14
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow! Thanks for posting this, you probably saved people some grief. This should almost be a sticky to help all the lurkers and first time posters with new carts realize what can happen.

Edit: Sorry that happened to you! Looks deep and painful, speedy recovery.

Last edited by CrazyDad; 07-06-2018 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Add
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:28 AM   #15
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That sucks. Are you “just” bloodied up or are their broken bones and stitches?
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:45 AM   #16
crash test dummy

i have flipped a stock security cart ... of course i was doing the "J turn" but one thing i did learn is ...
DON'T put your foot down to stop the flip i broke my ankle !!! and i learned the cart was not a play thing ...
had to pay for a new battery pack ... but back in the day i was dumb ....
Old 07-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #17
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
That sucks. Are you “just” bloodied up or are their broken bones and stitches?
I was "just" bloodied up. There were some deep punctures, but luckily no broken bones. Depending on how you look at it, there was so much swelling and missing skin, I don't have any stitches either!

I started another thread looking for options on stability increase. Any opinions? I have the Ausco disc brakes, so I can't use stock wheels and I like having 23" tires.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:21 AM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Was your cart more stable before the lithium change?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #19
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My FIL drove my TXT thru an inside garage door by flooring it while putting it into "forward". Classic case of touching something that doesn't belong to you.

My RXV got the Bob Boyce treatment to the controller, and now I'm again seriously considering removing the 3" lift and returning to stock. I'm not a speed freak, and white knuckle cart rides are not relaxing.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggieman18 View Post
My FIL drove my TXT thru an inside garage door by flooring it while putting it into "forward". Classic case of touching something that doesn't belong to you.

My RXV got the Bob Boyce treatment to the controller, and now I'm again seriously considering removing the 3" lift and returning to stock. I'm not a speed freak, and white knuckle cart rides are not relaxing.
I can attest to that. I had to make sure that he was romping the pedal hard to get a true sense of the acceleration during the tuning. He liked to ease on the throttle, which is fine for everyday driving, but not for testing.

When dialing in the speed, I thought we were at max of 25 MPH, turned out he just didn't put the pedal to the floor. Afterwards, we hit 27 MPH with my 347 Lb carcass on there with him. I still think his RXV could go 5 or 6 MPH faster, but he was happy with 25.

He has a very nice RXV, wish mine looked that good. In comparison, my RXV's a junkyard dog, but then again, I like old dogs.

It was good to meet you Todd! Unless I hear from anyone else in this area of Florida soon, I'll be headiing back to the mountains. Driving my car in flatland territory just doesn't feel the same...

The old saying is so true. If you don't like the weather in Florida, just wait 5 minutes... or an hour.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO