lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default QuiQ charger question

Earlier this year I bought a 2013 txt48. It came with a new 913-4810-e3b charger. Cart has been heavily used this summer at camp. The 5 year old T875 batteries are getting tired. I had two die on me a few weeks ago but my cart guy gave me two used but good ones to replace them. Now, a third is going away. My guy is getting me another to replace that to buy me some time to get a new pack.
My question is, the charger shows algorithm 38, which as far as I can tell is for T1275 batteries. Is this compatible with the T875 batteries? The cart settles in at 50.9-51.1v after charge and rest. I have seen algorithm 3 as suggested for the 875's. Which do I need. My eyes are bleeding from searching Google without much info to be found.I
I have mobility issues and need to get things figured out before deer season. Thanks for any input.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: QuiQ charger question

The 2V cells in a T-1275 are 150AH while the 2V cells in a T-875 are 170AH, so it may take a bit longer to charge the T-875 batteries when the charger is set for T-1275 batteries, but other than that, the end result is still a fully charged 48V battery pack.

Of course, if the charger is user programmable, go with the T-875 charging profile.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnmy, Thanks for the reply. It takes load off, because the batteries are going to put a dent in my retirement pay as it is and having to get another charger would hurt. My guy is giving me the batteries at his cost and even offered to get them for me now and let me pay him back over the winter. Great guy!
I'll try to see if I can change the algorithm tomorrow if it's not raining too hard. I've read that some can and others can't be changed.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:13 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Unfortunately for you, if you have the "OEM Ezgo" version of that charger, it has only one profile installed. Can't swap modes if it has only one installed. More modes can be installed by people in the know. (But only if they don't ask Ezgo or Delta-Q first, so they can falsely be told it can't be done).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 AM   #5
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

cgtech, I was afraid that is the answer. I've read that a couple of times. I'll start saving up for a DPI this spring. I'm going to have a chunk of money in the new battery pack. I want to take the best care of them. Thanks
Old 10-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm living on my retirement income and have some mobility issues also, so I have some understanding of your situation. I've been using my cart as a OPDMD (Other Power-Driven Mobility Device) for several years.

If your cart sits unused for days at a time, it would be best to get a charger that float charges after the regular charge cycle ends. The DPI used to do it, but I've heard they no longer do, so I'll most likely get a Yewy 1200 when(if) I go to 48V. They are also a few $ less than the DPI.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/yewy-1...t-charger.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I've heard several disturbing things about DPI recently. I have already killed two boards, or rather storms did. Were they bought out, or are they in financial difficulty?

I've had that happen to 100+ year old companies in my former life. Should I consider buying a spare board?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #8
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, DPI has been getting a lot of bad reviews lately. My concern with the Yewey is I vaguely remember a thread a while ago about someone having issues in cold weather with his. Maybe it was a one of a kind problem. We run our carts at camp all winter of the snow doesn't get too deep, so the cart and charger will be outdoors in whatever the outside temp is.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO