lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #11
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default Re: An answer to "how far will your pack take you"

BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #12
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Now I'm curious what speed is most everyone running to get their stated distances? I'm running 12-13mph when on "the road" but probably 8-9 mph off road or on sidewalks.
EzGoRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #13
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Hey Dave,
I think I remember you posting what kind of amps your cart is pulling in different situations, would you mind posting that again? I know your cart is pretty heavy and you use it on varying terrain. Pedal to the metal from a stop (empty weight) I see a short burst right over 400 amps, pulling about 1500 lbs on dirt I maxed at 484 amps. Next time I have a few tons behind it, I plan to see what it’s pulling. Just curious what other carts do when working. There isn’t any level ground in this area, so miles per charge varies greatly for me.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzGoRN View Post
Now I'm curious what speed is most everyone running to get their stated distances? I'm running 12-13mph when on "the road" but probably 8-9 mph off road or on sidewalks.
when I did my testing (in the 2nd post of this thread) it was full throttle except for going around corners and when stopping at stop signs.
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
Gainerman
Not Yet Wild

If the wind dies down , I will include amps at 36v max speed (15mph) 48v (about 22)
And 72 or 80 depending on which batt pack I have ready. I'm dying to know and I'm sure a few others here are ,also. No lift kit 2 seater high speed amd motor. Used to run close to 2 hours on 65v 5 cell tower apu batts that weighed 110 lbs each . I want to experience that again lol
Gainerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
Hey Dave,
I think I remember you posting what kind of amps your cart is pulling in different situations, would you mind posting that again? I know your cart is pretty heavy and you use it on varying terrain. Pedal to the metal from a stop (empty weight) I see a short burst right over 400 amps, pulling about 1500 lbs on dirt I maxed at 484 amps. Next time I have a few tons behind it, I plan to see what it’s pulling. Just curious what other carts do when working. There isn’t any level ground in this area, so miles per charge varies greatly for me.

Here's a screenshot of the data from my cart. I just posted the summary here and the titles of the columns are on the bottom:

As you can see the "max" current draw was 478amps. That was likely when I came up a steep dirt hill. The front wheels get lifted off the ground some. It was only pulling this for about 3-4 seconds.

BTW.....my cart empty (no bat's) weighs about 500lbs. With the Lithium pack installed it's about 580....give or take.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
BTW.....my cart empty (no bat's) weighs about 500lbs. With the Lithium pack installed it's about 580....give or take.
Just a tad lighter without eight T-105s.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Just a tad lighter without eight T-105s.
Yes....for sure!! I haul my cart in my F-150 bed and when it had the FLA's in it, I could tell I had 1,000-lbs. Not just the weight factor, but the fact that the weight was not "on the truck bed".

Now I look into the mirror to see if it's still there. That's no BS. It's made a big difference.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:55 PM   #19
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Here's a screenshot of the data from my cart. I just posted the summary here and the titles of the columns are on the bottom:

As you can see the "max" current draw was 478amps. That was likely when I came up a steep dirt hill. The front wheels get lifted off the ground some. It was only pulling this for about 3-4 seconds.

Ahh, for some reason I thought you were a little heavier. I’m right about double that. Thanks for posting the screenshot, I’d really like to upgrade to a nice controller like that. It’s kinda hard to drive and look behind me at the Fluke dangling and bouncing around. Lol.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
Ahh, for some reason I thought you were a little heavier. I’m right about double that. Thanks for posting the screenshot, I’d really like to upgrade to a nice controller like that. It’s kinda hard to drive and look behind me at the Fluke dangling and bouncing around. Lol.
Does your Fluke do peak hold? My cheap eBay shunt/ammeter turned out to be pretty close. Charger says 13 amps here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2368.jpg (125.0 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO