lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
couch702
Not Yet Wild

Default Death wobble

So, my project car is coming along nicely.

Worked on suspension this weekend....

Changed rear springs, no issue.

Adjust tow...was WAY OUT!

Went for a ride around the block and first trip there was a bad wobble at 12-13 MPH.

Second trip seemed alot better no wobble unless I was coming out of a turn, but would then go a way.

Third trip was like the same, but noticed when I turn left the front left tire seems to sound like its dragging.

I'm thinking the wheels and tires are part to blame. The car was very neglected for many years and only driven by 12-14 year old kids.

The pics shows you how bad it was when I got it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
couch702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Death wobble

Left side of cart definetlly sits lower then right side.( possible broken spring?)
Are you sure cart has toe in on front end?
Front end square to rear axle?
Couple items to check
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
couch702
Not Yet Wild

I already fixed the rear suspension and the two...

Old 03-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wobbles are no fun, but you shouldn't have any such thing at 12 to 13 mph. How did you check your toe in? What was it before vs what you set it to? If the toe was horribly out I would expect a lot of tire wear. It's hard to tell from the pick but it looks like a little over-inflation wear but nothing too bad.

Did you get the springs replaced that caused the bad drivers-side lean? Did you check for excessive wear/play in all the front end components?

I'm wondering if you have something very much worn out on the front end and that made your toe measurement off, but also unstable.

What year is the cart?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:24 AM   #5
couch702
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, it's a 2000 txt.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How did you check the toe in and what did you set it to? did it have the death wobble before you adjusted the toe?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #7
couch702
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
How did you check the toe in and what did you set it to? did it have the death wobble before you adjusted the toe?
I measured the front tires and back tires to set the tow. The tow was WAY out prior and didnt notice the wobble, but it rose terrible prior and I just chalked it up to the rear springs being broken, NO BUSHINGS at all in the right rear springs. And the tow being out.

After fixing all those issues I noticed the wobble. I am think the front left wheel hub is bad. Makes a real bad scrap sound on left turns and while backing.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:35 PM   #8
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Too be sure, toe is the distance between the inside of front of front tires to inside of rear of front tires.
Where is scraping noise coming from? Front ,rear? Marks on inside fender well showing tire rub ?Gives us some more specific info on where noise comes from😊
Common causes of wheel wobble are bent rim,bad out of round tire,incorrect front end alignment, loose wheel bearings bad ,tie rod end, loose worn front steering linkage. In extreme case’s severely out of balance tire.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm not sure I'm following you, so I'll just attach this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toe-in-1.jpg (74.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #10
couch702
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Too be sure, toe is the distance between the inside of front of front tires to inside of rear of front tires.

Where is scraping noise coming from? Front ,rear? Marks on inside fender well showing tire rub ?Gives us some more specific info on where noise comes from[emoji4]

Common causes of wheel wobble are bent rim,bad out of round tire,incorrect front end alignment, loose wheel bearings bad ,tie rod end, loose worn front steering linkage. In extreme case’s severely out of balance tire.
There is no tire rub. The sound doesnt happen all the time. But if there is a sharp turn at low speed I hear it very well. Leaning to wheel bearings.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO