lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #11
Barbersham
Getting Wild

Default Re: Batteries are bone dry

Batteries show voltage of

Barbersham is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you charging them until the charger shuts off? How long did the charger run? How long after charging did you take the readings?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:37 PM   #13
Barbersham
Getting Wild

I have a 12v 2amp/10amp Charger they I can do 6 or 12v with manual,automatic, or deep cycle automatic and I have a 6v/12v 2amp/6amp Charger that is manual

Using 12v charger. Been at least 8 hours off charger. I just put the 6.14 and 6.15 on 12v Charger 2 amp charge for the night (12 hours) And I put the 6.18 on 6v charger 2amp charge for the night. I originally left on cart and charged 2 at a time for 12 hours. This time I checked them all and going to charge like I said. I will put the 2 6.23 batteries on 12v and the 6.25 on 6 volt charger for 6 hours in the morning. Then I will wait 12 hours and check all the voltage again to see if they changed. I have all the batteries labeled so I can keep track. If I can get them all close I will put them back in cart and charge them with cart charger for the full cycle 3-4 times. Then check voltage again as soon as charger shuts off and again 12 hours later to check discharge

Is this a bad plan?
Old 04-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #14
Barbersham
Getting Wild

When I first got it I put 12v on each set for 3 hours then plugged it into cart charger. Looking back I should have charged each battery separately from the time I put water in until I got them all the same before ever putting the cart charger on them.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yes it is a bad plan. You need a GOLF CART battery charger to charge the batteries. Sorry if I missed it above, but I thought you had one.

You can't charge a battery pack and know anything without a charger for the pack of batteries.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #16
Barbersham
Getting Wild

I have a 36v golf cart battery charger. The charger wouldn’t work because batteries were too weak. So I was told to use a car charger to lift voltage up then plug in cart charger. I did that and the batteries were all over the place. So I was told to get the voltage close to each other then plug the cart charger back in and go thru the entire cycle a few times.

One battery was full when I got it and it held a charge. The other 5 took 2 gallons to fill and they were dead. I’m guessing having one full battery and the rest empty would mess with the cart charger
Old 04-16-2019, 11:00 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. I think they are close enough. Plug it in and let it go.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:04 PM   #18
Barbersham
Getting Wild

Should I not charge those 3 overnight to get them closer to the others?

And should I put batteries in the same order when I put them back in cart or switch it up?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

They are w/i almost .1 volts of each other. Batteries don't care which order they are installed in. Plug in the cart charger, making sure the plates are covered.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #20
Barbersham
Getting Wild

Charged for about 3 hours then turned off. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO