lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2019, 07:40 PM   #11
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Preferred Motor Rebuilder

I just got my EMP motor back. Chuck is a true engineer, and a customer service pro. It’s hard to find those two qualities in the same person. The first email I received was a long one and I just assumed it was a form letter. But it was actually a very detailed report that went through every fact I shared with him. And he answered every question in extreme detail. He calculated all the additional weight, tire size, and street slope in my area to give me a precise projection of what my speed would be. When I got the new motor installed and was about 1.5 mph under the projection, he shipped a new motor at his expense without me even asking for it. And it got me to just under 30mph. He also took the time to teach me how to use the Alltrax software. And then more time analyzing the data and getting everything tweaked just right. I don’t know anything about other companies, but with customer service at that level, there is no reason for me to even try another company. Spend the few extra bucks on the internal motor upgrades he offers and you won’t be disappointed.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2019, 08:23 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You know there might be other alternatives than rebuilding a motor to get 20mph. With a 36v motor do you have a resistor cart. If not is it a series or shunt motor and are you running the motor on 36 or 48v's. Either case with 22in tires it's going to take you a little while to get to 20.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:33 PM   #13
DJDraco
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

36v Resistor. It’s running on 6x6V. Just found out tonight that 2 of my batteries are at 4v after a short trip while the others are all 6.2v. Thinking of swapping for 6x8v batteries.
DJDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could try running your motor with 48v. But then with the resistors you will burn them up shortly.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #15
DJDraco
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That thought crossed my mind.
DJDraco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, faster, motor, rebuild, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car