lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
kdw40
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery cells going dry

95 cc ds 48v plus we haven't been able to drive the cart because it has been broke down but every few days I will put the charger on it because I read that I was supposed to. I checked the water level in the batteries and a couple had plates showing so I added water and checked them again and a couple dry cells again we had a mechanic test the batteries and he said they were good but what would cause the cells to need water all time
kdw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Battery cells going dry

Running the charger every few days is overkill. I plug mine in every 4-6 weeks when in storage.
Which charger are you using?
How old are the batteries? What is the rest voltage of the pack? (at least 12 hours after a charge) What is the rest voltage of each individual battery? Checking the voltage of each battery after a charge, and then again after a week of sitting can tell you if any of those batteries are bad. Typically a bad battery will have a higher self discharge rate, and the voltage will be significantly lower than the other batteries in the pack.

If only 1-2 cells in a battery are low on water, but the other cells are fine, those low cells are probably shorted internally and are boiling the water out.

If all cells in one battery are low that battery could be losing water due to it's age or plate sulfation, or because it's voltage is out of balance with the rest of the pack.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It is probably precipitating out the top (acid mist) as you should not put an unused cart on the charger every few days as if it is a Powerdrive charger, it thinks you are equalizing the pack and will over charge it. Plug it in and leave it. It will do a maintenance charge every ~15 days and you do not need to do anything.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
kdw40
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for the information
kdw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car