lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
straes
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Txt 48v Conversion Charger/Receptacle Troubleshooting

I picked up an EZGO txt a few months back as a side project. The wiring and electronics were in rough shape. I've replaced the batteries, wiring, controller, and motor. In the process I decided to upgrade to 48v. I then decided to swap the charge receptacle from the D style 2 pin to the 3 pin DeltaQ. Lastly, I bought a Modz Max 48 charger.

Current day: I've been driving the golf cart sparingly the past few weeks because I didn't have a charger. Voltage is still 49v. Wired the receptacle Red to positive, Black to negative, temp sense to positive, and left the 4th wire loose.

I plug in the Modz charger, start getting a Red, Green, pause led cycle. Pamphlet says this is Output Undervoltage, return to factory. I can measure 0.6v between 2 pins, nothing between any other combination.

I plug in the charger just to see if it makes a difference, nope. Tried unplugging and replugging into the wall, nothing.

So, I'm trying to verify two issues: Is my charger receptacle wiring correct (I tried moving the temp sensor wire to no connection and also to negative, no difference). Also, does anyone have any further troubleshooting tips for the charger? I would have expected to get a Red, Green repeating led cycle but there is a definite pause in the pattern.

Thanks in advance
straes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Txt 48v Conversion Charger/Receptacle Troubleshooting

Hey im doing the same swap. What did you figure out?
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
middlesb
Not Yet Wild

I have just switched out my 2001 txt to 48v with a altrax controller, rocker switch F/R switch. My charger was the old rectangle style, needed a new charge receptacle and decide to go the delta q triangle style, I can charge the cart but currently not getting power to KSI, no solenoid click nor movement of cart. It worked before the new charge receptacle install. Have to start trouble shooting the reed switch i assume. Anyone else have the same issue when doing the charge receptacle swap?
middlesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
ezgomac
Not Yet Wild

did you ever figure this one out, think I am having the same issue
ezgomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO