lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #21
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PCX-950s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechlicz4 View Post
That looks good that color is sweet...I am starting from the mechanical side of mine first.
I know nothing mechanical at all, so I'm just hoping nothing breaks. If it does, I will have to do a lot of YouTube searching or find someone local to show me some things. I have a horn coming and want to get LED lights for underneath...those will test my mechanical skill haha.

That roof sounds like a fun build...I could do that maybe. Woodworking is something I can do. I am tempted to add wood panels on mine and make it a woody just because I can haha.
AlexWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 06:03 AM   #22
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
Nice job, that looks great...I was going to paint mine that color. Lol now I have to pick a new one I guess.
I don't mind...go for it! There are about 1000 different shades of turquoise/mint/seafoam to choose from. I really wanted a bit more green tint, but the only one that had it from Rustoleum was a little too pale for what I wanted and came in the painter's touch line, not the gloss enamel. I really wanted it to be yeti seafood green like the Shoreline L4s, so I could convince the wife to let me get the matching cooler to hand out drinks around the lake and be everyone's favorite guy haha. Once I got it all together though, I'm really happy with the color.

I will be adding some type of pinstripe I think and I need to cover the front strip where the stripes used to be. I could not for the life of me get 30 year old vinyl stripes off and didn't have the patience to sand them off by hand, so I figured I'd just get some black vinyl or something and cover it there. Needs something to break it up anyways.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #23
rechlicz4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I'm an electrical engineer so the electrical is right up my alley but the wood working scares me a little bit, but as usual it will probably be fine, because when I am a little unsure I usually end up going overboard with supporting it so I'm sure in the end it will be very sturdy. I'll have to get some pics up here with my progress along the way.
rechlicz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:33 PM   #24
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Tinted the taillights today and got some more bed liner to coat the top of the canopy. Got some other goodies (LED under lights and an ooga horn) the need to be installed as soon as I figure out how to wire them in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7600.jpg (283.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:40 PM   #25
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Love the tinted taillights
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:51 PM   #26
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Love the tinted taillights
Thanks! That was a nice and simple upgrade. The can said not to do more than 4 coats (of course thats a liability thing for road vehicles)...it probably took about 8 until I felt like it really was blacked out like I wanted. Didn't much care for how well the lights showed afterwards, since I have installed LEDs underneath now. May replace headlights and tail lights with LEDs sometime too.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #27
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
This is mine. The exterior is all stock. It looks like a boardwalk ice cream cart. Man, does it turn some heads in the campground. The rear seat flips up and there was a decent amount of spare area there. I mounted a cooler inside to allow some adult beverage storage.

I upgraded to 48v with a Carts Unlimited kit but left the motor as-is. The 36v motor running on 48v provides a ton of torque. Just my preference but I prefer non-lifts on these, just to maintain the "airport shuttle" look.
Looking forward to the next upgrades...interested in seeing your cooler build and hearing about it a bit more.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #28
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Attached are some pics as to how I mounted a cooler under the third seat. Note that I have a mig welder, am proficient with it, and considered welding a cooler frame but found it to be unnecessary.

Pic 1 shows the cooler under the seat (it's still dirty as I haven't cleaned winter's mess from it yet). It was important to me to make the cooler removable so that it can be easily cleaned.

Pic 2 shows the general set up. Essentially, I used some vinyl strapping that I had laying around. I fastened the strapping to the cart from as depicted in the pic. Pic 3 and 4 just show close ups of the fastening points.

I had initially intended for the cooler to simply set upon the vinyl straps but a couple test drives showed that cooler had too much back and forth sway with the motion of the cart. Simply cutting and placing a piece of plywood as shown is pic 2 removed just about all sway as it tightens up the straps via a larger displacement of the cooler weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cooler.jpg (108.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mount 3.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mount 2.jpg (191.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mount 1.jpg (164.3 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #29
AlexWV
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Attached are some pics as to how I mounted a cooler under the third seat. Note that I have a mig welder, am proficient with it, and considered welding a cooler frame but found it to be unnecessary.

Pic 1 shows the cooler under the seat (it's still dirty as I haven't cleaned winter's mess from it yet). It was important to me to make the cooler removable so that it can be easily cleaned.

Pic 2 shows the general set up. Essentially, I used some vinyl strapping that I had laying around. I fastened the strapping to the cart from as depicted in the pic. Pic 3 and 4 just show close ups of the fastening points.

I had initially intended for the cooler to simply set upon the vinyl straps but a couple test drives showed that cooler had too much back and forth sway with the motion of the cart. Simply cutting and placing a piece of plywood as shown is pic 2 removed just about all sway as it tightens up the straps via a larger displacement of the cooler weight.
Got ya! Mine already has a metal platform down about where your plywood is. I just need to find a cooler that fits. I didn't know if yours was built in or anything. My yeti roadie is just a tad too big to fit down in there.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:53 PM   #30
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow I'm glad I found this! I feel like no one has these carts lol.

I posted some pics in another thread but ill share here too. I recently added a trailer hitch ball and mount to the rear bumper, I really need an entire front cowl as the dash is totally shot and the front has damage, but in the meantime diamond plated the dash, I'm doing some rewiring currently amd adding some more accessories so I have a new modern fuse box coming in, led light bar, some speakers, digital DVM/SoC display i already have, and an hour meter. Got a blank slate for a dash so ill be able to arrange everything how I like. New D&D high torque motor (highly recommend)

While I have the body off when it goes to the shop for some frame alignment i am definitely putting a cooler in the back space. Great idea. Mine has a utility bed on back but the cooler will come up level with the plywood sheet. Got all the 25 year old Marriot stickers off with a heat gun so its a blank slate minus the ezgo badges. Still undecided on a color!

Anyway, glad to see these carts getting some love! These make me want a roof on mine really bad sometimes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200504_200211.jpg (144.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200505_130912.jpg (104.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200420_153603.jpg (158.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200420_153556.jpg (147.8 KB, 0 views)
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO