lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2020, 01:52 AM   #1
HMonty
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 RXV intermittent full stop/brake wont release help

Newbie needs help.
I have a 2010 EZGO RXV 48v that gets used alot. I have a nonverbal disabled son that enjoys his rides and he cant understand why we cant go. Cart was keeping great charge and range but had an intermittent problem of stopping suddenly. Turned key off waited a few minutes then turned back on and ran fine. Then one day going uphill full speed stopped (I guess full regen)and would not run again. Could hear the solenoid click R-Sounder goes off but brake would not release even in TOW mode.
I had to remove the brake and trailer it back home.
Checked all fuses-good
Checked the brake and accelerator switch and wiring all the way back to the controller connector. RUN plug wiring good also.
Bench tested the brake. Applied 24vdc to the brake and it released.
Solenoid tested good also.
Jacked the rear end up with the brake removed and connector plugged in. Put in Forward or Reverse and no GO. No voltage to the brake connector. F-N-R switch reads good. I guess my question is with the key in Neutral and switch in TOW can the bad controller prevent the TOW switch from releasing the Brake?
Sorry so long. Any help greatly appreciated
HMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO