lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
t1225
Not Yet Wild

Default How deep can I drive a Precedent through water without trouble?

My yard will flood at times and I would like to be able to drive my cart through the water, but I don't want to mess anything up. Without getting the motor too wet, it looks like I can go as deep as the hub and be ok. Would there be any problems if the brakes and transaxle get submerged for less than 5 minutes?
t1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: How deep can I drive a Precedent through water without trouble?

I myself would not go deeper than just below the wheel hub. Water and bearings don’t play well together
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:23 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And those electronics do not work well with water. You can protect them, but can never really make them completely water-proof. The depths you mention could still cause water to get introduced unexpectedly.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:19 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Somewhere at some post in the past, I ask a similar question about my EZ-GO and fording a stream.

I was advised to not go "deeper" than the water just touching the floorboard. Of course, the ITS on my cart is just at the floorboard and water doesn't do it any good.

As for concerns over the brakes or rear axle unit, that should be NBD as, like jeeps, trucks etc,....water won't destroy those.

OTOH....the less water the better. Nothing will put you in deeper do-do than misjudging the water depth.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car