lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2020, 02:34 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stock Motor Capability

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Point your valve stem straight down, marking a spot on the floor with chaulk, roll the cart one rotation until valve is pointed down again, mark floor again, measure that distance. Take the number you just found & divide it by 3.14159 and you will get a good number for how tall your tire is.
Rolling diameter if no driver, dynamic diameter if driver onboard.

That is roughly how I measured my tire height, but I used 3.14159265358979 for pi.

Only had enough room on the sid3ewalk between garage and house to do four tire revolutions the first time I did it, but found an empty parking lot and did 10 revolutions. Those two were within 1/16" of each other and the yard stick/level was within 1/8" of those two, but I wasn't on the cart.

Rolling or dynamic diameter would probably be best if you have low pressure tires.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #12
JCBAS
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stock Motor Capability

Sorry for the delay. The golf cart is not stored at my house. Using a level and measuring tape I got 18 inches from the top of the tire to the ground. I did not jack up the cart to take weight off the tire, so there is some squish in the tire which would make the overall height likely between 18 and 19 inches.
JCBAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO