lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default EZGO Transaxle Replacement

Hey all-

We have a '96 TXT36. After moving twice, and having a couple very hectic months, I've finally found some time to continue work on it. When we bought it, it was clocking at 5mph max. You could hop out of it and run quicker than it.

I figured immediately that it was the speed controller, and after some digging, I found that the top of the controller was burnt, and the wiring into the controller was also burnt. Could be the culprit? I ordered an Alltrax 48500, and now I've figured out that it isnt the one I need. I don't want additional power, just a stock replacement.

After some additional diagnostics, I think the transaxle may be bad as well. Does anyone have some tips to see if the transaxle is good or infact blown?
It's a series system.

Any help is much appreciated.
bthinerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO Transaxle Replacement

Also, I'm looking at selling my 48500 controller, and I've found a stock takeoff on Craigslist, but it isn't in a cart, so how do I check if it is working? It's $250 with a solenoid. Is that a good deal?
Old 08-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Can you post battery age,type,brand.
What is pack voltage and each batteries voltage after a full charge but not used for 12 hours ?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #4
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

10/18, 6 Interstate 6v batteries.

Not an issue with the batteries, already eliminated that. It’s definitely a motor/controller/both problem. I just want to confirm the transaxle is good before I mate a new motor to it and it doesn’t work.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Mlc0869
Not Yet Wild

Do you still have controller for sale?
Mlc0869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:01 PM   #6
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthinerman View Post
Hey all-

We have a '96 TXT36. After moving twice, and having a couple very hectic months, I've finally found some time to continue work on it. When we bought it, it was clocking at 5mph max. You could hop out of it and run quicker than it.

I figured immediately that it was the speed controller, and after some digging, I found that the top of the controller was burnt, and the wiring into the controller was also burnt. Could be the culprit? I ordered an Alltrax 48500, and now I've figured out that it isnt the one I need. I don't want additional power, just a stock replacement.

After some additional diagnostics, I think the transaxle may be bad as well. Does anyone have some tips to see if the transaxle is good or infact blown?
It's a series system.

Any help is much appreciated.
Why you think the transaxle is bad?

https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/gol...ly/73500g01-to
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
bthinerman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

There was oil in the motor and on the face of the transaxle. Not sure it is bad, just want to make sure it isn’t before putting Humpty Dumpty back together and it not work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO