lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 04:30 PM   #11
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Wiring GTW Universal light kit to Madjax Aplha Body

What did you buy? It should run off any 12v source or do you mean you want it to brake and turn signals also?
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2022, 09:48 AM   #12
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yes I understand it needs to run off 12v Id like it to include brake and signal lights. I purchased a standard tailgate led strip ( for a small pickup) it is about 38" long and I plan to put it on the rear of the top of my buggy so it can be seen again specifically in daylight. Can I just tie into the rear lights as a normal hook up? or is there something different about the MadJax wiring ?
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:43 AM   #13
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Nothing different then any other brake kit
3 wires going to tail lights in the plug
running lights, brake lights, and turn signals
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:18 PM   #14
ls1chris
Getting Wild

i know this is old but i just went through this today and wanted to share while is fresh in the mind. my alpha body came with the deluxe light kit also ( signal/brake/drl/headlights) and the signal switch was swapped out with a GTW because of shortages. all function BUT the headlights worked. where the GTW harness plugs into the Madjax harness , there is a loose bundle of 3 wires yellow?? black ( common ground) and a light brown ( headlight feed) the brown also has a tag that states "headlight upgrade power" . i cliped the spade connector of the brown wire and added a .93 female molex connector and in the center position of the Madjax connector there is an open position and i added this wire there. all functions now work as they should ( using the turn signal to turn on the headlights.) i may pigtail off that feed and add a small 12v led on the dash for "lights on" .
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 06:33 PM   #15
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1chris View Post
Great info, thanks for sharing! I'm sure this will help many, especially those that want to add the Alpha front bumper and already have a standard light kit harness for lights/signals/horn and don't want to swap out the entire wiring harness (PITA). Most of the standard harnesses have the additional "loose" wire that is separate from the harness plug.
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 06:43 PM   #16
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1chris View Post
i cliped the spade connector of the brown wire and added a .93 female molex connector and in the center position of the Madjax connector there is an open position and i added this wire there .
Any chance you took a pic of this center position location? I'm picturing an open hole in the harness plug, can you say the color of the wire on the GTW side of the harness plug oposite of this position you speak of? (Just for reference). Thanks
Old 09-01-2022, 07:06 PM   #17
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Uploading from phone I will edit and add to this shortly first pic is the three wires, that brown one is the hot i used to feed my head lights, second shows the MadJax connector where it plugs into the GTW turn signal switch harness , the open position that feeds power to the signal light switch( middle/center) for switch head light power. third shows the center position filled. the last pic is a 12v switching power supply i used to test everything as i went along. that marked brown wire will get power from the rear half harness from the V reducer/ 12V source. you could use that for whatever you could need 12V from. my reducer will be key switched so the key will turn that off and on. if a person uses a non switched reducer you could always have 12v on there.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:14 PM   #18
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYCART8A4RE View Post
Any chance you took a pic of this center position location? I'm picturing an open hole in the harness plug, can you say the color of the wire on the GTW side of the harness plug oposite of this position you speak of? (Just for reference). Thanks
the GTW center is purple, it only send 12V to the head light circuit, there is a red one on the corner of the GTW that feeds power to the rest of the items , it matches to blue on the madjax side(hazards/turn signals/horn)
Old 09-01-2022, 07:16 PM   #19
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Is1chris, thanks for posting the pics! Super helpful!
Old 09-01-2022, 07:18 PM   #20
ls1chris
Getting Wild

Gtw connector, the molex pin, and DRL/headlights because they just look so cool. you dont have to use the molex, you could just snip forom the GTW and use a dogbone or ball/socket and crimp, i fix arcade games and pinball machines as a hobby and had the proper stuff in my tool box.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car