lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
johnsonpaul184
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging after every use?

Hello all, I have a question about charging my Club Car Precedent 2005. I’ve installed new 4 US Batteries, and I don’t have any problems. I’m driving once or twice a day to my rear garage 200 yards from my house. I have a digital voltmeter it stays at 50.7 going down to 50.2 after 2 or 3 days. It is mandatory or necessary to recharge the cart after each day use? The charger is a PowerDrive2 charging the 48V system up to 64V and stops. I feel that is too much charging every day after each use. I thank you in advance for your advice.
johnsonpaul184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Charging after every use?

i charge mine every night if i ran up to the corner or did twenty miles. Sometimes if it a busy day i might give mid day charge just to keep the batteries happy.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Plug 'er in after every use. Makes the LA batteries happy :)
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The best thing you can do for your new batteries is keep them fully charged, there is plenty of information on here to read about battery maintenance. I would plug it in every night after you are done using it. And welcome to the forum!
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Keep em charged!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Welcome to the forum. Charged batteries are happy batteries! If you haven't had to buy a set yet, you will be mad when you do. Read "Stickies" for battery maintenance for best advice that has been evaluated by the many experts on this forum. Save you headaches and $$, no.....make that $$$$$!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #7
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonpaul184 View Post
Hello all, I have a question about charging my Club Car Precedent 2005. I’ve installed new 4 US Batteries, and I don’t have any problems. I’m driving once or twice a day to my rear garage 200 yards from my house. I have a digital voltmeter it stays at 50.7 going down to 50.2 after 2 or 3 days. It is mandatory or necessary to recharge the cart after each day use? The charger is a PowerDrive2 charging the 48V system up to 64V and stops. I feel that is too much charging every day after each use. I thank you in advance for your advice.
Perhaps your charger is trying to effect an "equalization' or balancing
phase...but I do not know your chargers' profiles...

Perhaps Scottyb or Bobbyb will chime in with real info to help understand
what is happening with your charger and batteries..

My charger (Dual Pro Eagle Pro 4818i) can be on 24/7 because of the design and profiles...however my batteries are agms lead acid but a sealed design needing a much different profile.
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

For new batteries, run the pack down to 70% SOC ~ 49.5 volts between charges. Do this 12-15 cycles and the pack will be broken in. After the brake-in charge cycles, plug it in and charge after every use and when it's parked.....it's plugged in. Watch you water levels closely and add distilled water only when they are fully charged.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #9
johnsonpaul184
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for important information.
johnsonpaul184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I made this card of the SOC and laminated it and affixed it to the windshield right about my digital voltmeter so anyone that drives it can see when it needs charging.
attachment.jpg
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car