lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default TXT 48 volt hot solenoid and pre charger resistor

2012 txt 48 volt the pre charge resistor was burnt up ,I figured the solenoid was welded shut so I ordered a new one a a new 500ohm precharge resistor... I installed it and cart still wont move I checked the charge port and I do have neg continunity out of the port and all the way thru the orange wire but still no click also checked the micro switch in the floor ,while I was checking this I smelled something hot and noticed the resistor was getting hot again so I discoed the Battery pack.... right as I was removing the battery cable the controller I herd the controller sizzling Im afraid to order a new controller not knowing what is making it do this ....need some good trouble shooting help would the controller being bad do this ?

Thanks in advance
MAD-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT 48 volt hot solenoid and pre charger resistor

Yes, a bad controller could cause the precharge resistor to get hot. A welded solenoid will NOT cause the resistor to get hot.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Hot or burnt out pre-charge resistors typically means the solenoid is not being energized or the contacts are not making good contact. The controller still tries to pass amps to the motor when pedal is pushed, but they can only be drawn through the pre-charge resistor and the resistor smokes.

Does the solenoid click when pedal is pushed?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

No click at all.... I did check the micro switch in the floor and it has continunity in and out ..one this that was odd is it doesnt have a diode between the small terminals on the solenoid
Old 10-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-DOG View Post
No click at all.... I did check the micro switch in the floor and it has continunity in and out ..one this that was odd is it doesnt have a diode between the small terminals on the solenoid
The TXT48 controller (Curtis 1206HB) has an internal diode between the yellow and blue wires that attach to the solenoid's small terminals, so a diode on the small terminals themselves is not used.

Attached is a schematic for a TXT48.

With Run/Tow in Run, F selected of the F/R and key ON, check for battery pack voltage on Pins 5, 8, 9, 10 & 12.

If you have pack voltage on all those pins, check voltage on Pin-6. Should be 0V with pedal up and pack voltage with pedal pushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48v TXT diagram.JPG (95.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:27 PM   #6
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: TXT 48 volt hot solenoid and pre charger resistor

Changed out the controller today cart is up and running thanks All
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO