lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2020, 08:40 AM   #11
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Default Re: What's something you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
I agree with all that has been said especially by ACCLR8N. Wish I had known to inspect the frame. Wasn't easy to find a good welder to fix the problem.

Wish I'd known that the learning curve for working on a golf cart is fairly steep. I might not have undertaken the upgrade projects. A service manual became my best friend and I could not have completed the project without the help of the great guys on this forum.

Wish I had known I'd have to buy a second tool chest for all the tools I had to buy to work on my cart. Never thought I'd own a inch/lb torque wrench.
Thankfully an inch-point wrench is already in my box! I hope to be buying a 2010 Precedent so will be on the lookout for that service manual. And I will inspect the frame carefully before buying.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #12
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What's something you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
Thankfully an inch-point wrench is already in my box! I hope to be buying a 2010 Precedent so will be on the lookout for that service manual. And I will inspect the frame carefully before buying.
If you get the 2010 Precedent & the Service Manual, please let me know where I can get a copy of the Service Manual

TIA,
Ed
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #13
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
If you get the 2010 Precedent & the Service Manual, please let me know where I can get a copy of the Service Manual

TIA,
Ed
Does this help?

Electric:

http://goldenpro.fi/wp-content/uploa...-2009-2011.pdf

Gas:

https://gaminde.net/clubcar/man/2009...gas-manual.pdf
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:31 PM   #14
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Post Re: What's something you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

I think the 2010 Precedent is a fine choice!

Here is a link to the manual. It covers years 2009-2011. It is common for service manuals to deal with more than one year.

You can read the manual online or, better yet, download it to your computer. It's free. Enjoy!

EDIT: I see djohn18 beat me to it. Thank you!
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #15
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
I think the 2010 Precedent is a fine choice!

Here is a link to the manual. It covers years 2009-2011. It is common for service manuals to deal with more than one year.

You can read the manual online or, better yet, download it to your computer. It's free. Enjoy!

EDIT: I see djohn18 beat me to it. Thank you!
Many Thanks to djohns18 & CCNorth

My 2010 was converted to LSV in '14, it has been passed around the neighborhood, I'm the 4th owner that I know of??

Seems to be a basically a sound cart, drives / stops ok, thinking that it has a bad cell or two, the (original ) wires are tired.
In its current condition it's showing 22-23 mph on a Speed App, getting only 6-7 miles out of a charge

#2awg wire set and new T-875s going in later this week, then focusing on some small stuff like fixing the stereo, cleaning up some wiring, taking care of some cosmetics.

Hopefully I won't get too wrapped up in throwing $$ into it LOL! Even though we already have an aftermarket steering wheel picked out...

What kind of speed/range (streets at the Beach) should I expect after the cart is sorted??

CCNorth, what speed / range are you getting?
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #16
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
Many Thanks to djohns18 & CCNorth

My 2010 was converted to LSV in '14, it has been passed around the neighborhood, I'm the 4th owner that I know of??

Seems to be a basically a sound cart, drives / stops ok, thinking that it has a bad cell or two, the (original ) wires are tired.
In its current condition it's showing 22-23 mph on a Speed App, getting only 6-7 miles out of a charge

#2awg wire set and new T-875s going in later this week, then focusing on some small stuff like fixing the stereo, cleaning up some wiring, taking care of some cosmetics.

Hopefully I won't get too wrapped up in throwing $$ into it LOL! Even though we already have an aftermarket steering wheel picked out...

What kind of speed/range (streets at the Beach) should I expect after the cart is sorted??

CCNorth, what speed / range are you getting?
I hope Hogkiller will forgive us for hijacking his thread.

I can't really compare our two carts because mine has an updated 500 amp controller and high speed torque motor but I don't know the hp. Your LSV has a 350 amp controller and 5 hp rated continuous and 14hp rated peak motor. The speed you are getting is what is noted by Club Car for that cart. You range, however, should be much farther and sounds like the old batteries are really putting a damper on your fun! The 2020 LSV advertises 30 miles on a full charge. I find that hard to believe.

All I can tell you about my cart's speed is that it's too fast for me. With just me in the cart I can hit 30 mph quickly. I can easily go 15 miles over relatively flat roads. I try to never deplete my batteries below 50%.

That steering wheel is not likely to be the last thing you upgrade!

Sorry that I can't be of more help to you. You must be in Gulf Shores. Living in Al I'm probably the only one here who knows the meaning of Redneck Riviera.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:03 AM   #17
Spoolx
Gone Wild

I wish I knew how much I would eventually spend on an older golf cart... I have 4500 into an 04 DS which isn’t far from a used almost new one.
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:47 AM   #18
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wish I knew then how addictive it was going to be, AA says my disease doesn't count and that I need to find another support group.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #19
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
I need to find another support group.
I think you found it, but we might not be much help for the addiction. What's your next upgrade going to be?
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #20
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
I wish I knew how much I would eventually spend on an older golf cart... I have 4500 into an 04 DS which isn’t far from a used almost new one.
Since I am in a similar spot, I thought that I would expand on this :) While I may have been able to buy a cart "finished" for the same amount or so, I feel 100% better about where my cart is and how it has been built. Not only have I learned a lot (I still have a lot to learn!) I have built it exactly the way I want it. I know that even if I had bought a "finished" cart, I would have still tweaked with it or had to fix something!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car