lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage reducer

This is the back of the key switch. Where does the green wire go?
DA558232-61D5-4843-A131-E12719B004AC.jpeg
9C37BB43-5F53-40CF-A3C1-332919CEDEBA.jpeg
B_Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage reducer

Also, it looks like I put the positive side of the lights in the red fuse connector on the right on the top and the negative in the third from the left. Is that right? If so, which 2 do I use for my led under body lights?
E667D427-D7E1-4FCF-ADFD-B6D8DCACAC3F.jpeg
Old 10-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You run the negative from the Converter to the stud marked "-" in your fuse box (left side).

You can then connect the negatives from each accessory to the screws on the same side.

You run the positive output from your Converter to the stud marked "+" in your fuse box (right side).

You then connect the positive to your accessories on any available fuse.

The green wire from the Converter goes to the same key switch terminal as the Yellow/White wire is connected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #4
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You run the negative from the Converter to the stud marked "-" in your fuse box (left side).

You can then connect the negatives from each accessory to the screws on the same side.

You run the positive output from your Converter to the stud marked "+" in your fuse box (right side).

The green wire from the Converter goes to the same key switch terminal as the Yellow/White wire is connected.
I’ve got 5 wires from the reducer. Yellow to the battery +, black to the battery -, green to the key switch. Blue - I don’t have it connected to anything at the moment. And red to the fuse box +. Then I have a cable from fuse box - to the negative battery.

For the lights, I’ve got the positive on the stud on the right side of the box next to the red fuse. Which negative does that correspond to? The drawings look like it connects to the third from the left which doesn’t make sense to me. I would think it is the 4th from the left.

The lights aren’t coming on so I have to assume something is wrong. Picked up a volt meter so I will know more when I get home.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

All of those 6 screws besides the negative stud of the fuse box are the same, it makes no difference which one you use to connect which accessory negative.

Keep in mind the EzGo only has power at the Key Switch (meaning the converter will work) if the FNR is in gear, weird design.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:32 PM   #6
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
All of those 6 screws besides the negative stud of the fuse box are the same, it makes no difference which one you use to connect which accessory negative.

Keep in mind the EzGo only has power at the Key Switch (meaning the converter will work) if the FNR is in gear, weird design.
Gotcha. Good to know. I think I had it in F and R, but I will double check that as well.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
B_Mo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Thanks for your help. Got it all working. The yellow/white wire post was my problem. Again, thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO