lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2020, 06:59 AM   #11
Andersonz_
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Calling all RXV guru’s

Is “reliance” OEM replacement brake acceptable?
Andersonz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2020, 07:31 AM   #12
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

https://shop.txtsv.com/shop-ezgo?utm...n=ez-holiday20
EZGO has a 25% discount going on right now. Use code HOLIDAY25 in checkout.
Problem is their website is terrible and calling isn't much better. Search the forum for the part numbers you need then put them in EZGO's search to save headaches. Good time to upgrade to the 350amp Curtis controller.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:36 AM   #13
Languagemaster
Not Yet Wild

New member from Tennessee would like to have 2017 RXV ELITE controller upgraded. ????? now runs 21 is there a way to get to 28mph?
Languagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #14
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
EM brake driver OC means that 10 ohm motor brake burned out the Motor Brake FET by you trying to keep using it. You will now have to replace the controller along with the motor brake.
You mentioned “trying to keep using it”. Is your hypothesis that a bad brake blew out the FET, bad meaning bad design, something defective, etc? Or, do you mean too much brake use by a driver caused it? In majority of my reading, it seems that error code/phenomenon is the main culprit for controlled death, just trying to understand what is actually causing it, driving or just brakes that stents operating correctly.

Assuming his brake is OEM and his cart is stock as he says, it’s pretty unfortunate.

Thanks Bob!
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:02 AM   #15
Andersonz_
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
You mentioned “trying to keep using it”. Is your hypothesis that a bad brake blew out the FET, bad meaning bad design, something defective, etc? Or, do you mean too much brake use by a driver caused it? In majority of my reading, it seems that error code/phenomenon is the main culprit for controlled death, just trying to understand what is actually causing it, driving or just brakes that stents operating correctly.

Assuming his brake is OEM and his cart is stock as he says, it’s pretty unfortunate.

Thanks Bob!
Was kind of wondering the same thing. 100% stock cart it’s whole life with an OEM brake on it(looks original). As soon as it didn’t move I emergency released brake and pushed it in my shop. Didn’t try to keep using it, just diagnosed it. Pretty piss poor design that when a known part to fail could take out a whole controller at the drop of a hat. I’m going to throw a brake at it and see if it fixes it. Fingers crossed. If not, I guess I’ll put a controller in the cart I’ve only had a week. Live and learn. Sad part is, I debated for a month between RXV and TXT for this reason and finally said RXV. Kinda regretting that now. It is what it is. I work on vehicles for a living so I know how absolutely regarded engineers make things for people that actually work for a living.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #16
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Languagemaster View Post
New member from Tennessee would like to have 2017 RXV ELITE controller upgraded. ????? now runs 21 is there a way to get to 28mph?
Get one more post in and you will be able to pm. Send me the following information and we'll see about Bob coming to your house to program that controller.
Languagemaster
Name
Address
Contact Phone Number
Email Address
2017 RXV Elite
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #17
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonz_ View Post
Was kind of wondering the same thing. 100% stock cart it’s whole life with an OEM brake on it(looks original). As soon as it didn’t move I emergency released brake and pushed it in my shop. Didn’t try to keep using it, just diagnosed it. Pretty piss poor design that when a known part to fail could take out a whole controller at the drop of a hat. I’m going to throw a brake at it and see if it fixes it. Fingers crossed. If not, I guess I’ll put a controller in the cart I’ve only had a week. Live and learn. Sad part is, I debated for a month between RXV and TXT for this reason and finally said RXV. Kinda regretting that now. It is what it is. I work on vehicles for a living so I know how absolutely regarded engineers make things for people that actually work for a living.
It's possible the controller was purchased used or was on its last leg and put in a rebuilt cart. Given you've only had it for a year, perhaps there's a history we're unaware of. You never know, I know the controllers throw codes for a while before dying. If you have plans for future upgrades, you may want to consider spending the extra for the Curtis 350A controller which tends to be a bit more robust.

I look forward to Bob's comments, he's the Curtis wizard around here!
Old 11-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #18
Andersonz_
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
It's possible the controller was purchased used or was on its last leg and put in a rebuilt cart. Given you've only had it for a year, perhaps there's a history we're unaware of. You never know, I know the controllers throw codes for a while before dying. If you have plans for future upgrades, you may want to consider spending the extra for the Curtis 350A controller which tends to be a bit more robust.

I look forward to Bob's comments, he's the Curtis wizard around here!
It’s possible. It was a fleet cart it’s whole life until a few weeks ago. I got it from my buddy who sells fleet carts. It looks to me like it’s never been apart but you never know. I like performance but I have ZERO desire to spend $1,500+ on a controller when I could get mine rebuilt for $400 lol. Unless there is a better option somewhere. I’m open minded.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #19
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonz_ View Post
It’s possible. It was a fleet cart it’s whole life until a few weeks ago. I got it from my buddy who sells fleet carts. It looks to me like it’s never been apart but you never know. I like performance but I have ZERO desire to spend $1,500+ on a controller when I could get mine rebuilt for $400 lol. Unless there is a better option somewhere. I’m open minded.
Understood on the 350A pricing. You can get second hand 235As for $300'ish if I recall correctly. I think one of the concerns on rebuilds/second hands is you don't know what abuse you're buying.

EZGO routinely runs pretty good sales, so you might be able to get a new 235A for a good price. In spirit, on a stock cart, you should have no problems with it.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #20
Andersonz_
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Understood on the 350A pricing. You can get second hand 235As for $300'ish if I recall correctly. I think one of the concerns on rebuilds/second hands is you don't know what abuse you're buying.

EZGO routinely runs pretty good sales, so you might be able to get a new 235A for a good price. In spirit, on a stock cart, you should have no problems with it.
For sure. Any place you know of to buy second hands? I know FSIP charges about $400 to reman mine. Could get a new from ezgo for $600 after discount.

I’m gonna throw a brake on it and clear everything and see if it comes back to life. Fingers crossed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO