lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
AMPd
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS brake help

Good afternoon all,
Bought a Club Car DS in March and the wife and I have enjoyed the hell out of it so far. We got a hell of a deal and couldn't pass on it. After a few months I have noticed a couple of things I need to fix and came here for any assistance.

Firstly, the brakes don't brake as firmly as Id like, so I ordered a new set of shoes and while replacing, I noticed part 9 on the attached graphic was completely loose, meaning the brake cable connected to it wasn't engaging the lever on the driver side properly like it was on the passenger side. Ordered new brake assemblies for both sides to knock it out of the way, just cant seem to figure out how to remove the part of the axel the wheel mounts to in order to swap the brake assembly, any specific way it needs to be done, or is it just brute force?

Secondly, when I park my car and press the parking brake, my rear brake lights stay on, is that a bad brake switch?

A side question, when I bought my car, owner told me the car was an early 2000's but didn't have any supporting document. I've been looking for the serial numbers near the dash on the passenger side and under the floor mat but cant find it, any chance anyone know where else I could possibly locate it.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Anthony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc3.jpg (101.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc2.jpg (111.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc1.jpg (115.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cc4.jpg (88.6 KB, 0 views)
AMPd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS brake help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPd View Post
Secondly, when I park my car and press the parking brake, my rear brake lights stay on, is that a bad brake switch?
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure about the brake part replacement or where the serial number may be, but the brake light switch is fine. The brake light will stay on when you press the parking brake for a minute or two and then will shut off. At least that's how mine work. Check to see if it eventually goes out.

This will give this post a bump to let other members see it again.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:49 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

The serial number should be just under the dash slightly to right of center.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Did you make sure the brake cables move freely? More common for brake cables to lock up than anything else.

I would not be replacing the brake assemblies just because the levers are loose. They're supposed to be able to move. If one side is loose, and the other side is not, the side that's tight is dirty and should be removed. Disconnect the cable, remove the shoes, and the brake lever should be able to slide out. Clean it up and grease the slide points and the adjuster and reassemble.

The part the wheel bolts to is the Axle, and that's a much bigger bear to remove. The only reason I would bother to remove that is if the bearing is bad, or the axle seal is leaking.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car