lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2021, 10:45 PM   #11
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 TXT Overhaul

I was going to rebuild the battery tray, but opted for a new steel one from ebay for right at 100 bucks.

I’ve received all the parts except scuff guards and the flanged steering bearing to hopefully tighten up the steering a touch.

I am about to order a Doubletake Sentry dash and a few other odds and ends.

The frame and body are still at the body shop. I’ll be going up there tomorrow to hopefully get an update. I’m ready to start assembling.

The frame is in surprisingly good condition to be 25 years old. Most of the rust was between the floorboard and frame and it was mostly light rust mixed with dust.

jon21588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #12
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Was pretty excited to receive my seats today. They look amazing.

Here is a pic of them with the floor mat. Ignore the two different color closet doors!

I just noticed the two reds don’t match in the pic. They aren’t exact, but look way more similar in person.

I’m supposed to be getting the frame from the painter today. Time to put this thing together.

I’ll be taking the rxv to the scrap yard or to the warehouse. Haven’t decided yet. That thing has me in a bad mood. Hoping the TXT will change that.

Will post updates this weekend as the assembly progresses.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #13
SouthernFlyed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Rebuilding a 1997 EZGO 36v TXT DCS ---- following closely
SouthernFlyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #14
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Got mine rebuilt and sold for $5500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:16 AM   #15
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Got the frame back today. It isn’t perfect, but rust is gone and the paint is durable.

I got the rear springs, shocks and tires mounted. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the boots over the shocks, but I think I’ll stick with them for the time being.

Installed front axle and steering.

I ended up getting the battery box, seat frame and throttle pedal box installed. I didn’t have my phone so I’ll have to update pics tomorrow.

It feels good to finally see some progress.

One thing that worries me is the tires are supposed to be 19.5 inches but measure closer to 21 inches. I’m guessing that’ll drop a little once more weight is added.

Thanks for reading!
Old 09-28-2021, 06:44 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon21588 View Post
Got the frame back today. It isn’t perfect, but rust is gone and the paint is durable.

I got the rear springs, shocks and tires mounted. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the boots over the shocks, but I think I’ll stick with them for the time being.

Installed front axle and steering.

I ended up getting the battery box, seat frame and throttle pedal box installed. I didn’t have my phone so I’ll have to update pics tomorrow.

It feels good to finally see some progress.

One thing that worries me is the tires are supposed to be 19.5 inches but measure closer to 21 inches. I’m guessing that’ll drop a little once more weight is added.

Thanks for reading!
Nobody sees the frame anyway!! Nice work!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:43 AM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

jon its looking GREAT!! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE ONE NICE CART WHEN YOU ARE ALL DONE AT THIS RATE!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

21” might be a little tall to clear the body so might want to test fit before you go much farther..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:49 AM   #19
MaximumOverdrive
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've been modernizing a 2000 over the last couple of months. It's been fun, but I'm starting to miss actually driving it.
MaximumOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #20
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know if it matters that I installed the new brake torsion spring wrong? The diagram I was looking at didn’t do a great job of showing which side was which. I really don’t want to have to remove it and reinstall.

Tags
txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO