lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo rxv

I am working with an EZGO RXV with the Danaher controller. When the cart is in the run position it does not pass the all of the initial power on tests. I can hear the solenoid engage but the buzzer does not sound and the brake does not release. The reverse buzzer does sound when the key switch is in the reverse position. When the cart is in TOW mode, and you turn the switch to the on position, I can hear the buzzer sound and the motor rocks and also the brake does release. I don't have the handheld diagnostic tool. What are some things that I can check with a DVOM. Thanks!
canterburya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2021, 02:41 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV Help Needed!

Here is the troubleshooting guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Danaher Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (2.68 MB, 0 views)
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #3
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2021, 07:20 PM   #4
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

What pins on the key switch need to have continuity when the switch is in the F position? There is a discrepancy in the troubleshooting guide I think.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:26 AM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

1. Remove the key switch
and turn the key to the
forward position. Place pos.
meter probe A on the A pin of
the switch. Place the neg.
meter probe B on the C pin.
Full continuity should be
observed on the multi-meter.
Go to step 2.

2. Now place the neg. meter
probe B on the D pin of the
switch. The meter should
now read full continuity with
the key turned in the
opposite direction. If
continuity can be read on all
three pins in the same key
direction (Forward), then
replace the switch.

Straight from the guide.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:15 PM   #6
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Here is what is confusing. Pin three on the switch harness is a white wire. The guide says that pins 1 and 3 should have continuity in the F position. The white wire, according to the guide, is the 20- 48v input from key switch for reverse not forward. Another observation that I made is that the guide on page 23 step 2 states that I should get 5V on the orange wire (pin 3 on controller harness) and the black wire (pin 4 on the controller harness). When I probe those wires I only get .98 volts. This leads me to believe that the controller is faulty. The guide says that these two wires are outputs. I am assuming that the output is a 5V source from the controller and I am only getting .98 volts.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by canterburya View Post
Here is what is confusing. Pin three on the switch harness is a white wire. The guide says that pins 1 and 3 should have continuity in the F position. The white wire, according to the guide, is the 20- 48v input from key switch for reverse not forward. Another observation that I made is that the guide on page 23 step 2 states that I should get 5V on the orange wire (pin 3 on controller harness) and the black wire (pin 4 on the controller harness). When I probe those wires I only get .98 volts. This leads me to believe that the controller is faulty. The guide says that these two wires are outputs. I am assuming that the output is a 5V source from the controller and I am only getting .98 volts.
It said to check your 5v circuits accelerator sensor, brake sensor, motor encoder have you done that? If one or all is bad it won't pass the test.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:58 PM   #8
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

I checked the throttle sensor but I don't remember if I checked the brake sensor. The throttle sensor had a reading of 14K ohms. So that is a good reading. I will check the encoder per the guide.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:41 AM   #9
canterburya
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo rxv

All of the 5V components are showing to have 1.01V. I did verify the integrity of the wires in the harness. That points to a problem in the controller correct?
Old 09-09-2021, 08:04 AM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo rxv

Well by the guide it does. I take it you don't have a spare controller to try?

Tags
danaher, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO