lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
tcb2020
Getting Wild

Default 1991 Ezgo marathon no movement and w/ new solenoid and f/r switch

I have a 1991 ezgo marathon that I am unsure of what the issue is. Based of the suggestions of a friend of mine that i owns one, I replaced the f/r switch and also replaced the solenoid and I am still in the same position as i was before. Currently the cart does not run but the solenoid does click. If i disconnect all the wires running to the motor and jump it with 12 volts, the motor will turn over fine and actually sounds very healthy. One that I did notice with the cart as well is that the resistor across the two large posts of the solenoid is getting very hot to the touch. What does that mean? Does anyone have any advice on where to turn to next I don't want to continue to just throw parts at, I would actually like to figure out my issue. If anyone knows a proper test to ohm out the potentionmeter box that would be great help too. Thank you in advance for any and all responses.
tcb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
Hedger
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1991 Ezgo marathon no movement and w/ new solenoid and f/r switch

I had a post not too long ago "ezgo troubleshooting" . JohnnieB answered with a lot of good information on a 92. pointed me toward replacing controller.
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:43 PM   #3
Naturalblaq
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever figure it out? I have the same issue, I hear the backup buzzer but new solenoid does not click and no movement.
Naturalblaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:13 PM   #4
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get rid of the lever and go to a toggle switch.
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO