lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2021, 11:01 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 club cart

With one drive wheel off the ground in case it decides to go, check voltage ACROSS the large terminals on the solenoid. Then push the go pedal and see if it changes.

Then check for 48 volts ACROSS the small solenoid terminals. You should have near zero volts, then 48 volts when you push the go pedal. If you have 48 volts there, your solenoid is defective.

These voltages are all nominal 48 volts which means it can be from 48 to 50.9.

You haven't told us the model number of the cart. Is it a series or sepex cart? See link below:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3914
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #12
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like the solenoid I had issue with mine not working at one point. When mine went out my solenoid was still clicking but cart wouldn't move. Try jacking up the rear wheels, hit the gas and tap the solenoid with the back end of a screw driver. It's like car starter if u tap it sometimes it will free up the stuck solenoid and work temporarily. That's how I found out mine was bad. I put new one on and haven't had an issue in years. As other have said you can check with multimeter but for me I couldn't really do that because my solenoid is in a spot right behind the battery pack so I had issues getting my hands back there.
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballBeast View Post
As other have said you can check with multimeter but for me I couldn't really do that because my solenoid is in a spot right behind the battery pack so I had issues getting my hands back there.
You're so right about accessing the solenoid! The screwdriver handle rap will work if the solenoid is getting power.

Use alligator clip leads to connect the meter to the solenoid terminals.

I moved my solenoid to under the seat along with the Alltrax when I went lithium. Sure makes troubleshooting, cable connections, etc. easier. Still messes with my back, however!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #14
SuperdutyII
Not Yet Wild

mine is a series cart
SuperdutyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car