lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2021, 08:24 AM   #1
Rckeat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Brake pedal sticking

I have a '95 Medalist that I have rehabilitated into a pretty nice little rig. Only issue is that the brake pedal sticks a bit when lightly depressed. The spring mechanism frees the brakes completely when the parking brake is released, but when simply slowing down while driving, the brakes stick. So when that happens, I have to reach down and pull up the brake pedal.

Anyone have any suggestions how to correct this? I have sprayed white lithium grease on the what would seem to be obvious points where the mechanism could stick, but that has not corrected the issue. Would it make sense to replace the brake return spring perhaps? Any and all replies appreciated.
Rckeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Brake pedal sticking

The spring is trying to do it's job.
You need to remove the pedal pivot bolt and clean the whole assembly.
Several people including myself have actually drilled the bolt or pedal pivot shaft and added a grease fitting.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #3
Rckeat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. Anything special I need to know when I do it or is it pretty straight forward?
Old 10-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

It's pretty self explanatory, Probably get most of it done through the inspection plate under the mat.
I always pressure wash the carts I work on to look for other issues while I've got them and to keep dirt out of my face.
Worst case scenario is you will have it frozen in place and will have to cut the head and nut off of it to get it out.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:25 PM   #5
Rckeat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's a big help. For one, I wasn't aware there is an inspection plate under the floor mat. Great to know.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO