lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Default Converting from 36v to 48v

I'm hoping to complete the jump to 48v this week. I'm curious to see how much faster the cart is since it's already pretty decent at 26mph. I have a few questions.

1. On my Alltrax controller, should I program anything prior to connecting the 48v pack?
2. I feel like I read somewhere that I'm supposed to have a different diode on the solenoid. Does that make sense?
3. I'm purchasing a delta-q sc-48 today. I haven't done a lot of research, but is it okay to remove the triangle plug from the charger and put on a ezgo txt plug or should i convert my cart to the triangle?

As far as I know, my cart is capable of the 48v jump. I have the alltrax controller and the motor is compatible as well.

Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks!
Stingray240CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Converting from 36v to 48v

Verify the solenoid coil will operate at 48V. Only a few solenoids will operate at 36V and 48V.

1. Set Under Voltage to 38V, or so.

2. Depends on what type drive system. Series drives need a 470Ω - 10W precharge resistor between the large termoinals. Sepex drive need a 6A - 660V diode between the large terminals. Both types need a diode between the small terminals. Which diode depends on the amp rating of the solenoid.

3. No need to change to the triangle charge receptacle unless there are 36V carts nearby that charge that might try to use your 48V charger.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #3
Stingray240CS
Getting Wild

Default Re: Converting from 36v to 48v

Great! Thanks for your help. This answers my questions and tells me what I need. Have a good day!
Stingray240CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO