lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
Adrian0704
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Ezgo RXV Stalling/Breaking

I’ve recently ran into an issue that I cannot seem to find a thread on for my RXV. Whenever my cart turns left & ONLY a left, the brake will start to lock up- almost feeling like a shudder then will stall to a stop. I then will have to turn off the cart then go through the start again. Everything feels fine. Starts up fine. Drives fine etc. Until I turn left. Also my resistor could doesn’t seem to be getting hot at all, But my solenoid is extremely hot. I brought it to a ezgo dealer and let him hook it up to his hand held. He mentioned it had 20 or so errors codes showing. He mentioned that he hooked up to his Curtis Hand Held and was able to see codes etc etc. but when hooked up to his Ezgo hand held, he wasn’t able to dig into the controller. He did not want to erase the errors because he was scared that it would bring the controller back to stock. He mentioned something about an error named “super code” maybe?? Not 100%.

Also he mentioned when hooked up to the Curtis handheld that on the handheld it showed battery pack at 78% but when he checked the battery pack with a meter it showed that it was fully charged at 51.6% or so.

I have also converted my battery pack from 4-12V to 6-8V recently. I have 23” tires and I am aware of the damage it may cause etc. My Curtis controller #1206AC-5213 that was tuned by BOB BOYCE. Top Speed is 34 mph. I’m running a 48v solenoid. Also changed the Following trying to resolve this issue.

OEM Brake
Solenoid
Key switch
Pedal Switch
Pedal sensor
Jumper run plug.

Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated!!

Thanks,
Adrian
Adrian0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 Ezgo RXV Stalling/Breaking

Sounds like a bad connection to me if it happens only when you turn left. Look for something that could shift and cause a short or loose connection. Especially, check the batteries and connections. They are heavy and could be shifting right when you turn left.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:19 PM   #3
FatBusting
Not Yet Wild

If you came to me, I'd be driving figure '8's' in a parking lot to see if I agreed with what you said. If what you say is true, my first thought is the differential, as it is the only thing that knows left from right. I'd drain the oil, use a magnet to look for metal filings, then i would measure how much it takes to fill to specification. The I would measure the drained oil to see how low it was. The I would drive figure '8's' again.
FatBusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 05:46 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBusting View Post
If what you say is true, my first thought is the differential, as it is the only thing that knows left from right
He said, the brake locked up when turning left... this brake is working electromagnetic and attached to the motor. When driving, it's held open by a voltage coming from the controller. I'd think it's more an electric issue...
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #5
Adrian0704
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll post the end result.
Adrian0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:55 PM   #6
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was thinking electrical at first too but I would pull the rear apart and look for abnormal or heavy wear. I'm thinking it is possible for a sloppy rear to put more pressure on the motor shaft while turning. That shaft movement could press the brake disk against the plate enough causing his symptoms.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO